• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jgraz's march to 200DD

I've used both and honestly I like the geizman better.
Hey txt me later I'm gonna order some bulbs from coralvue, if yu want to get in on it, I'll pass along my savings.

Now which one to go with. Purple+ or Fiji Purple.
In my T5 days I thought there was little difference between the two bulbs other than price. There are threads out there debating the two bulbs if you want to get into it. Both are good quality bulbs so IMHO go for the cheaper one.

Merry Christmas to me
10792D3C-44B1-4F04-8304-09D2747F2949_zpsgvkrkf4d.jpg

089AB5C9-D741-48D6-93DF-27C45438DD31_zpsjk41ssko.jpg
Congrats John, I'm not very happy with my LEDs so I'm thinking supplement it with 2 T5.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Honestly I have used both and would not recommend one over the other, I think they are too similiar. I am using the ati bulb right now but that is just because I was ordering a whole bunch of ati bulbs at once.

Well fixture is in, and I love it. I need to work on the light rack but that will be a work in progress. Just a quick pic here, don't mind the glass.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419107873.544165.jpg

I've cut all my times in half to aid in acclimation. I figure by the end of January I should be back to full time.

Nice John, will the outter edges be for lower light lovers or does light reach all the way to the sides?

I'm sure there is a bit less par out there but to look at the tank you wouldn't know it at all. But yeah some lower light pieces will go nicely there.

Now that I've been looking at it for a few hrs I'm amazed at what I can see. Coral colors notwithstanding, there are areas of that tank that were completely in dark that are now lit, also parts of some coral that were shaded now in the light.

Looks great john. What bulb combo did you end up going with?

I ended up with 6 blue+ and 2 coral+.
Front to back is
B+
B+
C+
B+
B+
C+
B+
B+

Looks good man. I'll have to come check it out one day

Just give me a shout

Looking good john, is that a dimable fixture looks really blue in the picture or is it just the picture?

Not dimmable. Unfortunately they don't make one in this size unless you get the hybrid, but I had to make a mortgage payment this month so I had to pass LOL

It's really not as blue as the photo makes it out to be. Though I am heavy on blue bulbs as seen above.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey john. What's. Ur final lighting schedule going to be

Hey john. What's. Ur final lighting schedule going to be

Not positive yet but I usually run blues 12hrs and white 6 hrs

That leads me to the only thing I'm unhappy with about this light. 2 sets split 6 bulbs and 2 bulbs. I really wish it was 4 and 4. IMO the 2 bulbs are not enough for the blue channel and 6 is 2 much. Plus the 2 that are together are right where I want to whites to be. But I'll deal I guess.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Yea I find that strange that a fixture that costs that much and has that many bulbs would only have two channels.
You would think it would have at least three. I guess ATI needs to keep the profit margine high. Three channels three ballasts $$$

That is a really strange split. Thought most 8 bulb fixtures go 4 and 4. I know mine did and there was a ballast for 2 bulbs so 4 in total.