• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jimroth's Big Ol' Tank

The cyphastrea is sort of mid way. Do they need more light or less light? What kills me is that I grew it like crazy under my halides, LOL...
Where do you have the cyphestra?

We have always looked at the carpet nems as well, but you will lose fish to it so we always try and calculate that into the cost of them. They are amazing though.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The cyphastrea is sort of mid way. Do they need more light or less light? What kills me is that I grew it like crazy under my halides, LOL...

My cyphestra used to love a lot of light from the halides too. I would say move it up and see what happens.

Calcium reactor is finally set up, there were issues. With the Kalk reactor and Ca Reactor, growth should pick up even more. Amazed at the growth of my frags. If I hadn't taken any pictures, I wouldn't be able to tell, but there's the growth. I should post pictures. All the ORA frags have puddled, grown onto the rock. Water clarity has been better than before. Now that the holidays are over, I'd like to get some fancier acro frags, and a meat coral polyp.

Paid my first ever visit to Feng's Reef. Thank God it's in Waze, I couldn't find it otherwise! Feng is a super nice guy, and you can't argue with his prices. I picked up a couple of acro frags and a nice little colony of Pavona cactus, for a project,

A few fancy doohickeys added from Pieces of the Ocean. Fast shipping from Staten Island is a plus! I caught the after-auction deals on Vivd Rainbow Delight and WWC Blue Limeade. Both are currently grey, hope they color up soon. Plus some sort of mystery frag which looks yellow and staglike. I had wanted to try growing an Efflo again. Back in the day I grew an efflo frag (big frag) from RichT out to full enormous size. Long gone, but POTO had a bright green efflo frag, and I bought it. Here we go. I did a minimum bid on a pink Stylocienella (?) and got it, to my horror. Finally, scored a good deal ($65?) on a 2.5" blue maxima from the Cocos-Keeling Island farm of Mr. Clunies-Ross. Nice clam, doing well. I picked up a clam hammock, which is not a women's bathing suit like you would think but is in fact a dished platform designed to hold a clam and allow you to move it conveniently once it's attached.
Now that I'm running the Ca. and Kalk reactor, coralline algae is spreading well. All is well in reefland.

Clam died suddenly after a week. Frags are doing well, the Vivid Rainbow has started to color up. Added a couple of emerald crabs and a Solorensis wrasse from Seal Level Aquarium in Pine Brook.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We tried a few clams but I think our fish like them to much. Glad to hear the sps is doing well.

Added: Single pyramid butterfly, Pipe Organ Coral, 2x4" Piece of blue maze brain. New goby for the pistol shrimp cube, orange spot. Teamed up well with the candy cane pistol., so balance has been restored. Trochus snails are still breeding like rabbits. Snail census indicates 15 snails has become 140 snails. Moved a half dozen to the cube, which really helped with the algae. I need to do a water change but my transfer pump broke, waiting on a new impeller. Fish are fine. Corals are growing but not as fast as I would like.
I am having major surgery on Thursday, please send positive vibes! Should be up and around in a a few days.