• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jonathan.'s 39G CADlights Signiture Journey

Just finished setting up the 39G Sig. CADlights tank I picked up today (meeting Eddie in Brooklyn was a blast -- super nice guy, great shop, great tank).

This is a bit of a teaser post as there won't be pictures until tomorrow ;).

I went with black sand. Wanted a bit of an exotic look and I like the look of black sand a lot lately.

Transferred my 3 remaining fish over (traded the wrasse pair I had for $$$ since they were just way, way too aggressive for my liking with my other fish) along with the coral just a bit ago.

Tank is starting to settle down with the cloudiness. It looks fantastic.

Pics tomorrow!

And one who appreciates LFS frozen food! ;)

But anyway, the tank is actually going back to Brooklyn. Unfortunately, it had a minor crack/air bubble deal in the lower corner that neither Eddie or I noticed. Oh well! Better to start the tank off a bit later than anything!

Fish are still in the 20H and I added a pearl bubble coral that is waiting transplantation.

Will update with pictures tomorrow as the tank should be 100% ready to go then.

jonathan. said:

Any update Jonathan?

I am interested in 39 cad so am looking forward to the seeing the set up

morlyn78 said:
jonathan. said:

Any update Jonathan?

I am interested in 39 cad so am looking forward to the seeing the set up

I just got back my camera from the repairman today (it had some type of malfunction or something and wasn't working). Let me go grab it and snap a few shots now.

Tank never really had to cycle since I used all my old water.

A lot of corals are in there and live rock that I bought from jazzsam (which looks amazing).

elegancesmall.jpg

Elegance coral

fulltank2small.jpg

Tank shot

fulltank3small.jpg

Another tank shot

I really like where this tank is going.. I love the Tank Shot above. I like how you have the rocks placed creating those caves. Very sharp. The color you are getting from your camera is wicked nice too. I love blue or purple and you definitely have the purple down in those photos.. Gives it that deep water feeling. Nice Chalice btw. I never got into them but that one looks pretty cool. Post more photos when you get time. I love to look at the progress!

I might get some more pics tonight. The tank is a bit cluttered because of the new frags I got and all and the Orange Crush acans I got from Will at AO. Thanks for the kind words, too! :)

chalice is nice! You've got quite a few turbos in there - are they holding up ok? are you dropping any algae/nori down there for them?

phil519 said:
chalice is nice! You've got quite a few turbos in there - are they holding up ok? are you dropping any algae/nori down there for them?

6 turbos and yeah. I drop in a Nori sheet once a week for them. But there's a lot of crap in there for them to graze on. I pull some Gracilla out from my refuge every so often and they kill it within the night. They also have eaten every last strand of Caulerpa that was growing on some rocks and such that I got from someone on here who used it on his sump.

Very efficient snails, if you ask me.

chase33 said:
Nice setup. What equipment are you using along with it?

Aqua C Remora skimmer w/ Rio pump (but will likely upgrade to the Mag3 pump after the summer).

1 Koralia 4
1 Koralia 2
2 Koralia 1s

Stock 500GPH return pump
Stock 150W MH light w/ actinic supplements
Mini jet pump in refugium

I want to add another small powerhead in the return area since some phytoplankton and such that I feed the tank has settled a bit and is annoying the hell out of me.

I would like to switch the powerheads out for Tunze's, but that won't be for some time since I don't feel like fronting the cost for the nanos and the controller. Screw the controllable Koralia's at their cost, as well.

nice tank...i love the colors on the chalice...
how was the silicone job on the tank....i was looking to pick up a cadlights tank but cant say im totally happy with the silicone

autoponicz said:
nice tank...i love the colors on the chalice...
how was the silicone job on the tank....i was looking to pick up a cadlights tank but cant say im totally happy with the silicone

Was a but "eh" on the back plate, but everywhere else was perfect. The back plate meaning the acrylic part separating the refugium from the tank.

ftssmall.jpg

Huge full tank shot after the massive tank crash I had not that long ago.

A lot of growth has happened since then, though!

Acan Lords:

acanlordssmall.jpg

Brain:

brainsmall.jpg

Christmas Favia:

christmasfaviasmall.jpg

Blue Duncan:

duncansmall.jpg

Orange Crush Acanstrea Echinata:

ocacansmall.jpg