• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jonathan.'s 39G CADlights Signiture Journey

jonathan. said:
phil519 said:
nice....i like the black sand look...you might want to update your sign tho...I don't see any fish.

They are in quarantine because of the tank collapse, actually, Phil.

Nice. Always glad to see another reefer use the QT. When do you think they can be re-intro'd to the display?

phil519 said:
jonathan. said:
phil519 said:
nice....i like the black sand look...you might want to update your sign tho...I don't see any fish.

They are in quarantine because of the tank collapse, actually, Phil.

Nice. Always glad to see another reefer use the QT. When do you think they can be re-intro'd to the display?

About a month after the Talbot's damsel inside my back refugium either gets caught by me or dies. ::) ::)

I don't care what he does at this point. Spent hours trying to catch him!

Long time, no update.

Here's an update!

FTS:

fulltankshot112908.jpg

Armor of God's (Actinic shot):

aogactinic112908.jpg

Aquacultured Superman Monti:

superman112908.jpg

Maricultured Superman Monti (Top), Rainbow Monti (bottom left), Tyree Sunset Monti (nottom right), Pink Birdsnest (Stuck in the middle of them all):

montis112908.jpg

Tyree Idaho Grape, Green cap, Rose Milli:

idahogrape.jpg

Encrusting Monti:

encrustingmonti112908.jpg

Also, those shots are from a few days ago. I actually changed the tank around a decent amount and need to update yet again.

Look for that soon!

Looking awesome...I love those caps!
When will the fish in the QT go back to the DT? or are they in there hiding?

Hawkeye said:
Looking awesome...I love those caps!
When will the fish in the QT go back to the DT? or are they in there hiding?

Here's the kicker: I bought a fish from a store (one of our sponsors so I am not saying the name unless it's via PM). A simple $4 Allen's Damsel (which is a great deal and why I bought it -- they are usually $20). Gave it you average FW dip. Put it in the QT tank with the others.

Everything wiped out in under 20 hours via Marine Velvet. ::) ::) ::)

From now on, I'm buying my fish from Dr. Jim. I'm done with taking precautions and still having something get beyond f'd up.

Hawkeye said:
that really stinks - sorry to hear that. I guess now you do have to change your sig. :'(

Yeah, it blows. Especially since it was from a sponsor's tank. Whatever, though. Not gonna cry too much about it.

I should really post some new pictures. Even these are a bit old...

Unknown Fairy wrasses:

bothwrasses.jpg

Japanese Dendros (from Wendy):

dendros.jpg

Purple zoas:

zoanthids.jpg

More pictures tomorrow, also. Added a metric ton of coral since these shots including a lot of stuff from Stan and AO.

And a new FTS is in order as well.

What do you have in the refugium section of the tank? any pics of equipment? I'm interested because I believe your running a NeZeo system and would like to get some info about the equipment you are using.

cranbureefer said:
How's the elegance doing? I was talked out of it at my LFS. Did some reading... looks like they need a dirty tank!

Actually traded it out a while back. Traded it to smcooler who in turn traded or sold it to calaxea. It's on it's 4th owner now (as long as jazzsam was the 1st, IIRC).

If you get a healthy one, they will do great. The problem is FINDING a healthy one.

jceli728 said:
What do you have in the refugium section of the tank? any pics of equipment? I'm interested because I believe your running a NeZeo system and would like to get some info about the equipment you are using.

I run the NeoZeo out of a Kent Phosphate reactor with a Mini-Jet pump. Pretty simple set-up :)

Updated pics (as of 1/26/2009)

New Zoas/Palys:

zoas.jpg

(Not sure of name of orange ones -- From Rommel, Jokers Palys, Mohawks)

zoas2.jpg

(Not sure of names -- Don't think AOGs)

zoas3.jpg

(Not sure of these names either!)

Full Tank Shot:

fts.jpg

PS Sorry for having not the greatest images. Did not have my tri-pod on me.