• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July 2007 Meeting- Sunday July 29 (Washington)

Hey all you reefers. Just thought I would drop a line and give everyone the heads up that we do not have a pool :'( However your children are more than welcome to attend,(our 5 year old daughter loves to make new friends). If we get enough children, (say 10 or more), my wife and I will rent either one of those inflatable jump houses or some kind of a water slide to keep the little onescool and entertained.
As far as food is concerned, my wife and I are going to get some 3ft. hoagies and trays of meatballs, sausage and peppers, chicken marsala, etc etc. It would be great if the guests could bring some kind of salad, beverage, or desert.
As far as directions are concerned, our house is very easy to find. We are located 10 minutes North of Clinton exactly 2 miles in off of RT. 31 . Just as a heads up, we share our main driveway with our neighbor so when you pull in to the driveway, take the first right and come up to the big log home thats sits up on the hill. We have plenty of parking either in the driveway or on the grass! See ya on the 29th! Stan and Kris Zemanek

My family used to own Villa Scotto's on route 31. We sold it in 2004 because I didn't want to drive so far to work everyday.

I'll be there though ... I'm taking off as soon as I get into work today.

Liz & I are going to bring some frogspawn branches to the meeting to trade.
If you are interested, let me know.
Look forward to seeing everyone.

Kenny Z.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The meeting is this weekend! Please make sure to RSVP if you're planning on attending so that the host has an accurate head count!

OK everybody Kris and I are looking forward to seeing all of you!Just as a heads up...when your coming down our road,(River Rd./Rt. 645) WATCH YOUR SPEED! the men with the little red lites on their car fund raise on Sundays! :mad: When you come in off of Rt. 31 the speed will be 35 but drops to 30 ( for about 100 yards) when you go through the little rinky dink town of New Hampton.
Because our property is heavly wooded,and we sit up on a hill, its very easy to miss our house. So just watch for our mailbox #122 on the left hand, side I'll have an appropriate ballon tied on it. :D
See Ya Sunday! Stan and Kris Zemanek
P.S. Please bring nice weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like the weather will be beautiful! I think we have that covered.

I'm having a hard time getting directions from MapQuest. I tried the Rt. no. and still have no luck. Can I get directions from the Middlesex area (08846).

Thanks

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If anyone from the South Jersey / Philly area needs a ride to the meeting, they are welcome to come along with me. (Company car and gas makes it a no brainer).

I am located in Paulsboro, NJ, so anyone in Gloucester, Camden, Cumberland and Salem counties are right in my area.

Phil Gordemer
239 Thomson Avenue
Paulsboro, NJ 08066
Home: 856-687-0449
Cell: 609-385-7233

Ok guys here some quicky directions (no thanks to MapQuest :mad:)
For most of you who went to Pnoyreefers meeting you will use the same exact directions, as we live about 3 miles South of him.

Basically you will need to get onto Rt. 31 North or South. For you southerners this can be done via Rt.78 Clinton exit 17. For the North folk Rt. 46 or 57

Take Rt. 31 North for about 7 miles. At the 6th traffic lite you will go Right onto river Rd./645 DO NOT GO PAST THE VALERO GAS STATION! (there will be a small sign that sez New Hampton (THIS IS WHERE THER COPS FUND RAISE!!!)

Take River Rd. for 1.9 miles, our mailbox (#122) will be on the left hand side and our driveway will be directly across. When you come into our driveway take the first right and come up to the log house up on the hill. If we run out of parking in the driveway feel free to park in the field in front of our house.
Please excuse the appearance around the outside of our house as we are still showing some scars from the construction ;D

I'm getting a blank screen when I go to the RSVP page ??? I will be attending with my wife and 2 children and we will be bringing something :)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
sinkingbeach said:
I'm getting a blank screen when I go to the RSVP page ???

Phyl is upgrading that screen to a newer version. She should have it up and running shortly.

I'm is still working on the screen..I also will finally be attending! I'll bring something that has to do with chocolate ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok... The registration screen upgrade is complete!

I've misplaced the comments from the current meeting information. If I can get them "reattached" for tomorrow I'll put them back, but the improvements out weigh the loss of comments (they're a bit transparent right now, so you'll just have to wait to see what they are when the next meeting is posted)!

I thought you guys were going to bring nice weather up from the lower slower :-\ it sounds like it may be kind of nasty tomorrow.
O'well, I rented a big 20x20 tent for outside and if things get to nasty we will all just have to hang out inside and in our unfinished basement ;D

arvin

NJRC Member
Phyl, If you cannot re-attach the comments by today, would you be able to copy and paste the comments here so we know who is bringing what.

Btw, the word Yuengling is conspicuous by its absence in this thread. Is it ok to bring some or is this going to be a dry meeting?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Comments are updated manually from the back end. Old registrations can't be updated from the front end due to the upgrade. I heard this little voice last night saying "Just wait until after Stan's meeting to do the upgrade..." and I wouldn't listen to him. I'm sure he's singing choruses of "I told you so" in his head.

Thanks for your patience!