• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July Meeting - Saturday July 29th 12pm

Thanks for hosting the meeting Dan. We all had a good time - even though some people were a little camera happy in the begining :p

Here's hoping we have another good turnout next month.

Marcelo -

thanks dan for hosting the meeting i had a good time even though i had other things on my mind, so far nothing has polip & all my zoos are closed up, but nothing seems to have RTN so that is a good sign, i hope everything is fine in a couple of days, i can see why everyone that has problems with their tanks all ways feel like they need a break from the hobby.
sometimes it is just so hard to know that u might loose it all.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Another great meeting! It's always nice to see everyone, it's almost becoming an extended family!  :)

Lots of raffle frags to be had! Here is the list of the lucky winners.

DFlint: Poccillpora & Pink Leather

Ebqwert: Elkhorn, Purple Nana & Tri-Color Acro,
Eric also won 2 other raffles, but was nice enough to donate them back to the raffle.

JohnS_323:Green Acan

John also did the same with one of his winnings.

PoconoFishy: Green Pavona (won by qwerty originally)
Green Star Polyps, Green Cap & Chalice

BLange: Pink Eye Acan (won by JohnS originally)

Ed: Blue Tip Stag

Me: Ricordea Yuma

FishEye:  Ricordea Yuma & Green Frilly Shroom

Steve68: "Bright Green Thing" (Originally won by Qwerty)
& Some sort of SPS

NewSalt: Purple Digitata & Red Candy Cane

Malulu: Purple Cap & Zoos

(what was up with all that beer?!?!?!  ;D )

See everyone @ the next meeting.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yep, It was another really good meeting. Dan, thanks to you and your wifre for welcoming us into your home. Your tank looks great, especially in light of the fact that you're recovering from a recent crash. I completely forgot about that and never would have guessed it if you hadn't reminded me.

I always enjoy meeting new reefers and hanging out with the regulars. I get a kick out of how enthusiastic we all are about running down into someone elses basement to look at their other boxes of water!

At least you'll have plenty of beer to go with ALL OF THOSE leftovers!

C'yall at the dive on the 13th if you're gonna be there, if not hopefully we'll see ya at the next meeting.

C

concept3

looks like you ALL had a great time.  It's awesome to see there are new members as it's always nice to match faces with names. 

A lot of flashes going on, huh?

where are the pics?  :D

pointlesswithoutpics1.jpg

sorry, I love that pic :D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, Merv. Lots of pictures and MANY of them were from someone's brandy-spank'in-new D-TWO-HUNDRED!! Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Uh oh!

Guess what you're buying tomorrow John!

Thanks to Dan and family for being such gracious hosts! Another great meeting. I enjoyed getting to meet all the new members as well.

Thanks to John I finally have something in my tank that isn't all green!

And about all that beer... Thankfully I was mostly sober by the time I got up to preach!!!!!

The only disappointment was that no one challenged the exceptionally loud shirt I wore. I had my comeback line all rehearsed and didn't get to use it! Something along the lines of " this shirt is illuminated by two 400watt 20k XM bulbs!" ;D

thanks to everyone for coming. It was nice to meet some new people. I wish there wasn't so much leftover beer. I felt compelled to drink what wouldn't fit in my fridge last night!
now I aint feeling so hot... :-X :p

ed thanks for the frag trades they are opening up nicely.

steve68, sorry to hear about your tank draining, you shoulda had some beer to wash your woes away ;)

reefernets, nice to meet you, but you forgot to take that java moss...

PoconoFishy nice to meet you guys, sorry I missed your call, I was in the attic trying to fix my leaky air conditioner. you didn't leave you cell # so I could call you back. The name of the close pet stores are The Reefs II and The Pet Shanty

Phyl/john my oldest son had a great time playing with your kids and was totally sacked out after you guys left!

richT sorry you couldn't make it, but thanks for the frag donations, both the frags I won where from you tank!

Thanks to everyone for coming out.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
dflint said:
richT sorry you couldn't make it, but thanks for the frag donations, both the frags I won where from you tank!

Looks like there were good times to be had by all! Sorry I missed it. I really hate missing meeting even if its a 2 or 3 hour drive for me.

Anyways, as much as I like taking credit for things, you may want to check the origin of those frags. Even though I have donated stuff to the club, most of which came from Malcolm's tear down, I don't recall ever having leather coral (other than green sinularia that went to Nagel) or donated Pocillopora.

But..........your welcome anyway  ;D

Oh yea......as Merv said:

pointlesswithoutpics1.jpg

fisheye

NJRC Member
Thanks Dan for the great meeting. Great to meet everyone. Sorry the so slow posting the pictures. Merv, these pictures were taken with the 60mm. I am still learning to use it ;D

DSC_0985_.JPG

DSC_0986_.JPG

DSC_0987.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

DSC_0990.JPG

DSC_0991.JPG

DSC_0992.JPG

Marcelo, there are for you!!
DSC_0993.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

DSC_1001_.JPG

DSC_1004.JPG

DSC_1011.JPG

DSC_1013_.JPG

DSC_1014.JPG

DSC_1015.JPG

DSC_1016.JPG

DSC_1023.JPG

DSC_1024.JPG

DSC_1026_.JPG

DSC_1030_.JPG

DSC_1032_.JPG

RODI is working and pumping out water. No leaks or anything i had to go buy the a new peice at ace hardware this morning because the threads on the plastic sink connector got crushed... Metal rocks... Hey Whoever gave me the cheato... i have a new snail in my tank that hasnt stopped cleaning the glass since yesterday.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Peter, thanks for posting the pictures! That camera is something else. Loved the picture of the beer bins! They were definitely well stocked.

As for Dan's winnings they came from club stock (the pink leather) and from Andy/NJReefGeek (green poccilopora).

Steve, glad you made it in spite of your tank mayhem from the morning. Glad it wasn't something more serious. How are the inhabitants holding up?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey! I was just eating some chips or something....I'm totally innocent.. I have no idea what John was up to! :p

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReefDrumz said:
....I'm totally innocent..

Bwaaahhhhaaaaaa hhhhaaaaaa haaaaa . . . . Sorry, give me a minute to compose myself. Totally innocent, riiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhtttttt!

And Bill, I liked your shirt. I had trouble hearing you over it, but it was still really cool.

Phyllis everything seems to be ok even though the polips on all the SPS are not out yet but the zoos are all open, all the inhabitants are doing fine,, thanks for asking.
how is the white tip?
i had to snap that one side to get it in the bag:)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
White tip is doing great, thanks. It settled in nicely and the polyps have already started to peek out. Glad things are stable there!