• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

June 2007 Meeting- Saturday June 30th (Marlboro)

Hey Folks, You have 4 weeks left to plan for this one!!

This will be the meeting thread for June!
Our June meeting will be at the home of ebqwert (Eric). The date is Saturday June 30th starting at 1:00.

Topic: We'll be doing a Fragging Workshop where we'll be fragging many different types of corals.

When: Saturday June 30th

Where: @ Eric's in marlboro NJ @ 1:00pm
17 St Lawerence Way
Marlboro, NJ 07746
Phone # (732) 972-2401 (h)
(732) 598-9252 (c)

Food: BBQ Grillings (Chicken, hamburgers, beef dogs)

What to bring: Finger Food, Salads, Desserts and such would be great. No pork/shellfish products, please.

RSVP: We're going to be doing the meeting RSVPs through here: RSVP.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The RSVP screen seems to be working well so far.

When you use that screen to RSVP it keeps track of your response and lets you edit it later so that you can either unregister if necessary or you can update your comments (to list what food/beverages you plan to bring along to the meeting).

If anyone has any questions about or problems with the RSVP screen, please start a post for discussion.

Since we don't need to use this thread for the RSVP, we can use it for listing frags for sale/trade.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll start.
Looking for Raider to bring me a frag pack including his unnamed zoos(double portion please)

ok I tried to use the rsvp but couldnt figure it out. I would like to attend so if some could kindly add me to the list would be appreciated.

thx
Peter

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Peter. I don't know what your screen looks like. Mine might be different because I already responded. Mine is already filled out so I only have to hit the update info if the info is correct. If you want to post the info here or PM me with it, I'll do it for you. I would need your email address and the the rest of the info with the red star it front of it. I'll look at your profile now to see if your email is there, then I'll try to do it now. You can go there anytime to update the info there.
Anyone else ever have a problem, just sent me a PM with the info and I'll post it there for you.
Thanks.

Peter. It's there. You just have to update the number of people attending.

I've found that somtimes even though I'm logged in the registraton link isn't there unless I log out and then log back in.

Eric

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ebqwert said:
I've found that somtimes even though I'm logged in the registraton link isn't there unless I log out and then log back in.

That seems to be a problem with IE7. Firefox and IE6 don't seem to have that problem. I know Phyl is aware of the issue and is working diligently on it.

I had typed a whole message here ... posted it... then deleted it a half hour later.

Here's the bottom line...

we keep a Kosher home - but we're eating outside on paper stuff and we're not going to impose our choices on everyone.

We'll supply Kosher Dogs, burgers and chicken as we keep our grill kosher too.

I'll probably edit this again.

I hate typing - I've worn out 3 backspace keys.

Eric

Eric, thanks for the information.

For those of us who aren't really familiar with Kosher foods how about a few ideas for different types of food that could be brought to your house and any type of foods to avoid.

It's only fare that we respect your beliefs and preferences when we enter your home!

Carlo

Don't go crazy...

just no pork or shellfish.

as far as I'm concerned Cole Slaw is Cole Slaw... don't go hunting for the Kosher marks... and if you make it yourself that's fine too.

and just for those concerned - all Beer is Kosher :)

Eric

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RSVP is up to 49 adults & 11 kids. Lots of new folks on the list too!

Raffle items for the meeting will include:

1 TICKET TO MACNA (tix are 10$ per entry)!

Frags from the fragging demos that we're doing at the meeting in addition to the regular raffle frags
(tix are 2 for $5/5 for $10/12 for $20/24 for $30):
Acan Lord
Purple Fungia (Plate)
Cyphastrea
Lobophyllia
Acros
Blastomussa
Pineapple
Zoas
Leather

We'll be using a variety of fragging tools including a demel, bone cutters, a wet saw. Frag plugs, disks, glue, putty, needle and thread.

Anyone else from Bergen County attending? I have to leave early and would like to arrange with someone to bring my raffle winnings home .... :) :)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lots of folks have asked in the RSVP comments what they should bring, so I thought I'd post it here...

What to bring: Finger Food, Salads, Desserts and such would be great. No pork/shellfish products, please.

Finger foods: dips, wings, pretzels, chips, cheese & crackers, chili, ziti ...
Salads: Potato, macaroni, fruit, ...
Desserts: Cannolis, cake, pie, ...