• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

just found this swimming in reef ... help?

its 1am and i just looked in the tank, lights are out but i thought i saw something swimming. I got a flash light and saw this ugly thing swimming around. what is it and how did it get in my tank... please help!
0331090101a.jpg

it has fins right behind its head. My rock sat in bleach for a week then cured in a tank in my garage for 2 months, before going in the tank. i will try to take it out of the water and take a pic now

its alive.. I just put it on a piece of paper for some pics....in the first pic his mouth is open. nasty lil thing!

WOW it survived being soaked in bleach??????????? Holly Cow. Not sure what the heck it is. Hopefully someone has seen that type of fish before. Were are you keeping it?

looks like a baby eel ;D I put it in a small tank with a piece oc rock and see how it grows. Definitely wouldn't leave it in my maintank, it will probably grow up and eat live fish !!!

diverrk said:
looks like a baby eel ;D I put it in a small tank with a piece oc rock and see how it grows. Definitely wouldn't leave it in my maintank, it will probably grow up and eat live fish !!!

So Chad gave it to you? Keep us updated. I am curious as to what the heck that is.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That is cool looking.It must have hitch hiked in on a coral attached to a piece of live rock.

ewwww... have to break this out again..
u - g - l - y that ain't got no alibie it's ugly, it's ugly, yeeeeaaaaah
m - a - m - a how you think it got that way? it's mama it's mama yeeeaaahhh
take that outta the tank... but i can't wait to see what that's turn into...