• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

K-2

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
samksy said:
Daniel said:
It fits in my sump and it is taking about 11"x14.5" space in my sump. It is also 21" tall.
The only photos I have right now are the ones on page 1 of this Topic.
By the way this skimmer is kicking A$$.

Danial

Please please plesae.......get some picture when you get a chance. My skimmer compartment is only 17X10.80 inches. You think i can fit the skimmer? Thanks

If you like to see some photos take a look here.
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=17179.0

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have no idea why this was moved out of Photography to do it yourself? To me it should be in Photography. It has nothing to do with do it yourself.
I hope Moderator: (hurtback) looked at this thread from the beginning and not at the last couple of post before moving it here.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If anything, it's a discussion on equipment for which we have a forum.

Photography forum description:
Talk about photographic techniques (wink wink) and post your reef photos here!

hi daniel---yes i did look at this post from the beginning and it should have been moved to general or equipment--not DIY---the thread is about a skimmer---i did goof
but i dont want to move it again and mess members up again
steve

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
for organizational sake, it should be moved to the equipment forum. (IMO of coarse)

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The funny thing is it started in equipment forum on March 26 2009. Then got bump to Photography and now DIY. I do find it funny ;D So now what topic should we put into LOL ;D

hurtback No problem we all Goof.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Who's on first!?!

OK, this has now found a home in the Equipment Forum! Hopefully it stays put . . . :D

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
so ahhhhhh.....how's that skimmer working anyway? LOL!!!
Rich all I can say is Best skimmer I have used in more than 15 years in this hobby. Hard to believe that it only takes 20 watts run it. The bubbles in cone body looks like milk. the longer it's be running the bubbles are becoming so small. The foam in the cup looks like cotton candy and I will not try it for you. LOL

Daniel said:
RichT said:
so ahhhhhh.....how's that skimmer working anyway? LOL!!!
Rich all I can say is Best skimmer I have used in more than 15 years in this hobby. Hard to believe that it only takes 20 watts run it. The bubbles in cone body looks like milk. the longer it's be running the bubbles are becoming so small. The foam in the cup looks like cotton candy and I will not try it for you. LOL

I'm still not sold on this, would love to see this in action. I am still debating on this or the vertex Alpha 250 cone skimmer. If i go with k-2, i won't need to modified the sump but if i go with alpha 250, i'll have to modifier my sump(skimmer section too small).

I'm still not sold on this, would love to see this in action. Any chances I can drop by and check it out or an upload of a video of the skimmer running???? I have try couple of skimmers already and would hate to waste money on it continuous. So rather spent it up front this time and get one that really works. I want over skimming as i have lots of tangs....lolz.

samksy said:
I'm still not sold on this, would love to see this in action. Any chances I can drop by and check it out or an upload of a video of the skimmer running???? I have try couple of skimmers already and would hate to waste money on it continuous. So rather spent it up front this time and get one that really works. I want over skimming as i have lots of tangs....lolz.

I don't think you can go wrong with any "cone" skimmer. I have the Medium ATB skimmer and its out of control, skimming.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My reef tank water is clearer than ever. My K-2 is pulling 38 SCFH of air. WM Media Reactor MR-100 works Awesome! I know that has a lot to do with the water being clearer. I never thought my water would look so clear. The one neat thing is my lighting is so much brighter.
Now I need to find a 4" fan for my hood that is not so loud.
Daniel