• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Local Inhabitants

I personally added hermits from the shore and gracillaria(sp?) algae with no issue the algae was eaten up and sadly the hermits were killed by my large hermit lol but no disease or such. even if we just catch some stuff and go home with nothing i think itd be a good learning expeirence for people like me who are largely unfamiliar with our oceans inhabitants especially being a biomajor, i think itd be fun.

Paul B

NJRC Member
There are only grass shrimp. if there are sand shrimp, I dumped them in without even seeing them. Sometimes I find a crab that went in as a baby

i agree classklown, it is a good learning experiance to see what is out there and not just in our tanks or going to an aquarium, you get to see what is right there, like a giant touch tank, if you choose to bring something home then you should be able to take care of it properly so set up a "local" tank which i have seen done also.

i agree classklown, it is a good learning experiance to see what is out there and not just in our tanks or going to an aquarium, you get to see what is right there, like a giant touch tank, if you choose to bring something home then you should be able to take care of it properly so set up a "local" tank which i have seen done also.

yes a cooler water reef i believe is what you mean. perfect for catalina gobies too

I know this threads a little old, but I was moving some rock around in my FOWLR tank and found a little crab from a group of them I threw in back when I had the eel. I tried to see if I could find it again without moving all the rock again but no go. Its only about a inch, Smaller than the emerald in the tank. Pretty crazy that it has lasted this long.

I'm a newer member & instantly thought this thread was awesome. I don't know if you guys ever organized a trip but I'm def in to organize another one I think it would be awesome to take a day trip and find don't cool critters. I had no idea we had angels and sea horses that could be swimming around. I don't know when they're around but I'm in Jackson if anyone wants to go