• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lock, Stock and Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Jim, sorry to hear.

agreed, on a smaller setup. maybe something to consider? keep some of your nicer livestock and equipment.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Would be interested in SPS as well. LMK

thanks

Jim, I am truly sorry to see you go. You have been a never ending supply of practical advice in this ever expanding hobby. I hope you are able to return to it again some day, even if it be a smaller scale. Should this idea come true I would be happy to start you with whatever I have. NJRC can at least take comfort knowing you will be watching the boards still being a steady supply of helpful knowledge. I thank you for this and if you want to watch and reef vicariously, you are welcome in my home any time.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A sad story indeed. While I understand your situation, it's a shame that you will be missing something that has brought so much joy into your life over the past couple years. Jim, you were always one of my favorite members in this club so will certainly be missed as well. I too hope that one day you can get back into the hobby, even if it's a nano or something easier to afford and care for. We will definitely miss the meetings at your place too!

As others have offered, I would gladly help with anything you need. Whether it be breaking down your system for a sale, or helping maintain it until you do, or anything at all... just let me know.

For anyone considering buying Jim's tank, you will not regret it. The furniture is beautiful, the equipment is all top notch, and the fish/corals are worth the asking price by themselves. Jim, GLWS buddy and hope your health improves enough to someday jump back in the hobby.

As others have said before sorry to see you getting out. I understand though. Good luck with the sale. If there is anything I can help you with let me know.

This is a sad thing to see. Jim I understand what your going thru. I've been in your shoes. Good luck with everything take care of yourself , and hopefully you'll be back in a smaller scale. Good luck.

I am echoing everyone else. I'm very sorry that you have been ill and that you are giving up your tank. I want to thank you for your generosity and willingness to share with all. I hope you are able to get the bills fixed up and set up a new tank soon. You are a true gentleman.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jim, I am shocked and saddened to see this, but can also fully understand. You are among a few whos advice and posts I would never question. Please stay connected, and when you are ready to get back in, I'm there for you with whatever I have in the tank. The one coral I know I have from you is an enormous bird's nest.

Best of luck with your current situation, and please stay well.

I'm going to start parting this out, pricing for the equipment will be 1/2 of the prices shown next to the items, and will include the supplies that are noted. I will take this on a first come first served basis. I can not hold the items on faith, or good intentions, so whoever can send payment via PP will get the item(s). I also have three unopened 175 Gal. buckets of Red Sea Coral Pro Salt @ $50.00 ea.
I will add the fish here, with what I will take for each one. The pricing is 1/2 of what I could find on LA for the same species.

Powder Blue Tang - 5" - $40
Yellow Tang - 4" - $20
Tomini Tang - 3" - $20
One Spot Foxface - 4" - $30
Green Canary Blenny - 2" - $20
Mated Pair True Clownfish (breeding) - $60
Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse - 3" - $50
Banggai Cardinal - 3" - $30
Blood Shrimp - $20
Coral Banded Shrimp - $20
[FONT=&amp]Peppermint Shrimp - $20
Green Haddon's Carpet Anemone - 16" - $100