• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ludicrous chalice frag

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If we can find a colony up for sale we can start talking some buisness of fraying it up to split the cost
I'm up for that to Jeremy. Let's do some research and see who comes up with it first. I really really like this this coral and I would just love to have a piece I just can't afford $600.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Do echinata's have sweepers?

Edit to add: they do have long sweepers

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I honestly have no idea. Have you had a chance to look it up on the internet?

Julie

When I asked the question, I thought to myself why did I ask that. I went straight to the web to search. If you look right under my question, I typed "Edit to add"

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Julie

When I asked the question, I thought to myself why did I ask that. I went straight to the web to search. If you look right under my question, I typed "Edit to add"
Thanks for the update! Good to know.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
WwC posted this 4" to 5" chalice for sale for $1,799 (they're selling frags for 499) Pacific east aquaculture had an 8" rainbow one for sale but i can't find it in their website. Maybe it sold.

Wwc chalice
72d993f1a7049b92ff683f068ffe02d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WwC posted this 4" to 5" chalice for sale for $1,799 (they're selling frags for 499) Pacific east aquaculture had an 8" rainbow one for sale but i can't find it in their website. Maybe it sold.

Wwc chalice
72d993f1a7049b92ff683f068ffe02d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's a nice chalice but still ain't quite the original ludicrous. 5 inches isn't a lot to split up and to get it remotely in the price range of affordable we would have to split it at least 8 ways

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's a nice chalice but still ain't quite the original ludicrous. 5 inches isn't a lot to split up and to get it remotely in the price range of affordable we would have to split it at least 8 ways
I agree with this Jeremy

yes it is.

you could get 8 1"x1" frags from it or 4 2"x2" frags. lots of money in this hobby.[/QUOTE
Ya that's kinda what I was thinking about frag sizes but every time you frag you run the chance of losing the coral from stress especially smaller frags bigger chunks tend to do better especially with certain types of coral.
Definitly a lot of money in the hobby if you have the knack for the sorta work it takes to keep the corals healthy and thriving but in my case running a mixed reef I am trying to just find the happy medium that all my Diffrent corals Will be happy and healthy