• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Majano Wand or High powered laser for aiptasia removal

Wow! Just watched the videos. I'm surprised. I still feel that it is going to take some time to totally "zap" an aptasia/majano.

As far as the concern for glass, lasers are only going to have a problem if there are impurities or imperfections within the glass. If there are, pop goes the weasel. I had an engineering friend who worked at Schott Optical, and made laser glass.....ultra pure glass.

Paul....is this a concern with our tank glass? That would surely suck!

I have read tons of info on lasers being used to kill tank pests and have yet to read one that says their tanks exploded. This includes acrylic tanks also.

C175995A-2040-41B3-840A-CD60ABD99FDB_zps6t4hznnh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Laser came in the mail today!

Cool. I've been doing some reading and these lasers are pretty serious. People advise to treat them as firearms, even the reflection can blind you pretty quickly. Will have to order one soon.

This things exceeds my expectations! I am more than happy with the way it just melted those suckers. You could hear it boil. I will absolutely get a video of doing it.
I agree with treating it like a gun. At one point I glanced down and saw the reflection was on my shirt and I got scared but there was no problem or anything I just got scared.

After just using it I can relate it to the fear of drilling a tank for the first time. It wasn't that bad. As long as you are careful and wear the proper protection you should be fine.

My new biggest fear is the fish swimming into the beam. I kept my finger on the off button just in case a fish swam into the beam. They didn't but it still worries me.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Of course I am partial to the Majano Wand being I invented and patented the thing. Dance

Last year we came out with a Mini that is about 6" long for hard to get places. But there is also the laser and filefish.

That's pretty awesome. Bring that with you when you come get your stuff..........that is if it ever gets delivered. I have exactly 1 aptasia i don't want to turn into exactly 1000

That's pretty awesome. Bring that with you when you come get your stuff..........that is if it ever gets delivered. I have exactly 1 aptasia i don't want to turn into exactly 1000

I sure will bring it whenever that may be...

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hey Matt, do you happen to have a link to where you got the laser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Matt, do you happen to have a link to where you got the laser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from dhgate.com

Here is a link. http://www.dhgate.com/product/burni...m/193189425.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

They are all different prices. If you go to that site you can just type in 5w blue laser and tons of them will show up. Then you have to go to ebay and order the batteries. I suggest ordering a bunch of them because they last about 10-15 min tops. So I ordered 6 rechargeable batteries and today I ordered 4 more.

Today I used it to kill some unwanted montis that were spreading . You can use this for a ton of different things. I bet it will cook asteria stars with it

Please please try it on vermatid snails......

btw that guy they arrested for pointing this at a plane - i wonder if he uses a flowbee for his hair...