• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MaxiJet Mod

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Has anyone done this and is it worth doing? If it is, Would someone be willing to show me how? Maybe this would be a good idea for a meeting, if others are interested.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got a bunch of parts but haven't put them together. (Yet another box of project parts cluttering my garage)The kit is complete and the directions on the web look fairly easy to follow. Go to reefchilli.com or mjmods.com (not 100% on the website url's)

I"ll probably just buy a couple Vortech's LOL

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
aeroblnde said:
hey maybe that's something we could do at the meeting???

I'd be up for it. Not sure if we could get all the parts in by next week though. I have a couple 1200's that I want to mod for my 70 gallon tank.

I think most of the stuff we can get from HD not sure about the props... I get all my hobby stuff from Towerhobbies.com maybe we could get them in time for the meeting?

I'd love to do a mod on maxijets also. If you can't get the stuff for this weekend, how about we do it at the October meeting at my house? That is, of course, as long as someone is coming that knows how to do this!?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
IMO, The very easiest and convenient way is to buy the group by kits from mjmods.com. They offer all the parts pre-made (shrouds, endcaps, other) at bulk rates. And some pretty detailed directions. HTH

I'd be in for a maxi-jet mod at the Sept or Oct meeting. I just cut the outlet nozzle off of two 1200's and noticed alot more flow. Another source for maxi-jet mods is www.reefdom.com. A little more expensive, but real professional looking. Kits have a full warrenty as well.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It looks like the reefdom ones come with the impeller pre-modded as well.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I'm in for doing it at a meeting. Otherwise I am like Rich and it ends up in a pile of things I will eventually get to. ;)

It's unlikely that we could get all of the parts together by this Sunday, so who's in for doing it in October? I really don't have the time to organize this as I'm working three jobs right now, but I think it would definitely be a great meeting project for October. Can we find an organizer?

momof6kids

NJRC Member
The MJ's can be bought in the PA group buy. Here are the prices (before discount) from there. I'm in for doing it for the October meeting.

Maxijet 900 Powerhead
Code:MJ900
Price: $17.95

Maxijet 1200 Powerhead
Code:MJ1200
Price: $19.95

Does mjmod sell the powerheads also? Perhaps someone could negotiate a group buy price on the entire project from that website?

malulu

NJRC Member
hummm... GB = good-deal = got-to-get-at-least-one

i already have 3 TUNZEs in my 210g display tank... let me think where should i put them...

how about using these Maxijet-Mod in a refugium??
;-)