• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MaxiJet Mod

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The kit comes with 2 props. A larger white one for the 1200's and smaller brown one for the 900's. It also comes with the shroud and cap, along with length of flexible airline, rigid airline, acrylic rod, carbon fiber rod and a 316SS rod. The deluxe kit comes with a plexiglass/acrylic vortex shield.

Since they took down the deluxe kit, I'm not sure if there was anything else that was supposed to come with it.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your right Steve, that's the kit I got. The 1200 deluxe. I've got 3 props, shroud, end-cap and a bunch of tub and rod. No shield though. I wonder why they changed up?

Soooo, has anyone figured out a good way to mount these things so that I can mount them after I build them? It looked like Rich was going strong, did you get all 30 of those hanging thingies built (just kidding! ;D)

I Cut a little slit in the tank bracing with a dremel and threaded the long hanger through it. I used weldon to atach 2 hanger brackets on the former top of the PH. Hung the powerhead by the hanger and put a suction cup on the end of the hanger strap to dampen the whole thing and keep it in place.

I had to turn it off, because even with the smaller prop it looks like it will tear up my soft corals and caused quite a wave on the top of the water right in front of the vortex shield. Too much of a good thing I guess....

Big thanks to Phyl and John for sticking around and helping me finally get it working thou... maybe I can use it when I get a bigger tank.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
katlongo said:
did you get all 30 of those hanging thingies built

I actually backed off on the hanger bracket becaues I wasn't sure if anyone really wanted me to come up with something. LMK

so what was wrong with the mod ?
how did u get it to work?

the second one i made spins backards & it does not touch the pin we put on so i have to drill it out make it longer & it should work.
this thing moves to much water in my 50 i had a sand storm in seconds.
great mod.

I've got one of mine working. I glued it to my magnet and it seems to be holding fine. It is making a wonderful humming noise though? Anyone have a suggestion for that?

And, I didn't get the vortex shields for them - are they really necessary?

i pick up everything but the propellers :p , any of you guys have and extra 1 or 2, please let me know

Gabriel

Here is the Bracket i made
i cant hear the pump at all but i can see the flow
i can move it up or down or left to right but no angles

10-23-06-12.jpg

10-23-06-13.jpg

10-23-06-14.jpg

I took the shaft assmebly apart and used another holder and put the smaller prop on. It seemed to do the trick.... too bad it's too much flow for my tank.

mine buzzes quite a bit also. I might try puting it on a maxi 600 or 900 and see if that's too powerful.

I just did one of the MJ Mods. It works and moves a ton of water, but it's noisy. There's a terrible hum. Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks