• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Monti ID's please

I saw these on another forum. It is now on my need to own list. Does anyone know a name. Or have you ever seen them.
First.
666E7542-D652-4345-A76E-60D48FBEE51F-9424-00000CFA3B6D1D28.jpg

Second. It the monti in the top right corner.
54787A2F-D314-4C25-BE7C-2F28AE93F15E-9424-00000C799B96F676.jpg

Please help me figure these out.

Not sure. Appleberry has blue polyps I thought. At least mine does. Plus and i could be wrong here isn't the body all green.
If it wasn't for the blue areas on the main body I would just think grinch or some other reverse sunset.

It could also be a chilli pepper. I tried looking the other one up can't seem to find that one. The blue in the 1st one could be from the lighting or where it is located in the tank

Not sure. Appleberry has blue polyps I thought. At least mine does. Plus and i could be wrong here isn't the body all green.
If it wasn't for the blue areas on the main body I would just think grinch or some other reverse sunset.

I looked up and the apple berry looks like it also

In the second pic I'm looking for the monti most hidden in the right corner. Kind of a dark body with the bluest polyps ever.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
John, Reef raft coral are pretty much lineaged back to them, so you are going to have a hard time finding them elsewhere. The first one looks very similar to the UWW starburst monti, which i have. not my pic

UWWsunburstrainbowmonti2.jpg

Thanks everyone. Darren that monti is nice. It seems like the few that are out there are not getting the coloration of the original.

Its not any of those. I just picked up a frag of it in Canada (along with the yellow polyp RR CJs pillow in the picture). The blue polyps are absolutely insane and unlike anything I have ever seen - they are 2-3 times the size of the blue polyps on the mystic monti and hologram monti, just as bright if not brighter and they are an entire circle (not half like the mystic). They call it the RR hologram monti, but again, its not at all like the hologram in the states. Once they both start encrusting I am more than happy to trade frags :).

Thank you very much. And I would be more then willing to trade with you. Just let me know when you ready.

Sweet looking pics,if (or when) I get a tank up and going again Im thinkin on doing mostly monti's...theres soo many to choose from now.

I would love some of that UWW sunburst! Forgot to mention I got them at incredible aquariums in Canada, who got them from RR canada. They have pictures and info on their website...I think it's it incredibleaquariums.ca. BIG SHOW in Canada also has both and has insane insane chalices for 1/2 price of US if anyone is interested...not to digress too much but I recently stumbled on Canadian forums and realized the pricing an selection is very desirable, which is why I decided to make the trip.

...one more thing, as nice as the rr hologram is, the cjs pillow is my favorite. Brightest true yellow polyps I have seen on a monti or stick.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Love the Canadian stuff, but we can't buy it down here and visa versa.