• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moving tank

meow that sucks that you lost some corals.
I know from my Expirience corals do not liked to be moved.
hopefully some of your corals will bounce back
For the most part, everything is actually way better than expected. Even a lot of the SPS is perfectly fine and happy. Almost like nothing happened. Everything else is open and back to how it was before

I find that during cold weather my RODI makes less water and assume its temp and pressure related. I will be picking up a booster pump at some point. For now I just buy it from a LFS until warmer weather comes back.
I bought a booster pump from reefco (they sell the BRS ones) and can now fill a 5g bucket in about 30 minutes.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Moving a 75g up a flight of stairs tomorrow, the stand and filters are finally done- have been making water for a week- I have the Buddy and a well that only puts out about 40-45lbs of pressure- I hate to waste anything- so the 4 gal of waste for every gal of R/O goes to laundry and watering house plants. I thought the Buddy was fine for my needs- topping off and water changes in a 15, 29, 30 and 40- the 29 and 30 rocks/corals fish are moving to the 75 - as far as corals go- all I have are easy ones- zoas, palys, mushrooms, gsp- New tank for the New Year!