• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 10G Nano

FTS: The aqua scape has changed a bit which you'll see through out the progression of the tank. Here goes.

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

This is under teh Odyssea 20" T5 fixture:
IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics,rockwork looks great.I have a 10 gal nano too.I used an aquaclear70 and was able to sneak my heater in there.You might wanna move the GSP on a solitary rock,otherwise it will overrun everything...

The rock that the GSP is on is being shared with the Duncan. Plus I wouldn't mind if it took up some more room in the tank, I love that piece. I'm also get everything together for a 30L build that I'm going to start this summer. Once the time comes I'll be leaving the GSP more toward one side of the tank so it'll have plenty of room to grow before becoming a problem.

I got some of that putty from The Hidden Reef. At first I did nothing because I didn't know any better but then after adding a few corals and seeing the rocks fall over I added the putty, now everything is solid.

My corals weren't looking too happy over the past month or so. All my parameters have been great and I've had no issues with the tank, aside from some slight hair algae. I thought maybe I had too much flow. One Hydor Nano doing 425 plus another Aquaclear 30 that pushes 240GPH so I took the AquaClear out and added a Hydor Nano Skimmer, I know I know, the 10G doesn't NEED a skimmer as long as the weekly water changes are done right? I do 3g WC's every Monday morning. So come Wednesday when the skimmer got here I added it. Come Thursday morning I already had "green tea" and by the time I got home from work I had solids in the cup as well. Everyday since I added it I've had nasty's in the cup so I assume its doing a good job. My Zoas are starting to open up again as well as my Duncan.

I can't stand the amount of room the skimmer takes up in the corner but I'm affraid that if I take it out, the tank is going to go back to where it was before. Thoughts?

Im sure you will get mixed replies on the skimmer,I didnt add mine yet,but Im thinkin you cant go wrong with the skimmer removing any extra nutrients.I moded part of the aquaclear for a refugium with some cheato.Have you givin any thght to re adding the aquaclear and making that a refugium?..Just some ideas to bounce around.

The AquaClear 30 is only a powerhead that moves 240GPH. I have a Aqueon HOB filter that's filtering 200GPH. In it I have filter floss, that I change every 4-7 days, but less now with the skimmer. Also have some Purigen in there as well.

The tank has only been running for just over 4 months now. I did notice though that once I took my Chemi-Pure Elite out and added the Purigen the corals then started acting funny. Meaning they would only open every so often. I dont really think it has much to do with that considering it's a new tank but just odd that everything was looking beautiful before the swap.

I did notice this morning before leaving for work that my LA Lakers, Pink Zoas and also my Kryptonite Zoas were opening up. Alittle more so than last week. So I think its starting to get back on track. I'm using RedSea Coral Pro salt. My parameters are:

Ammonia, Nitries, Nitrates:0
pH: 8.1
kH: 10
Temp: 79
Mag. 1320
Calcium: 440
Phosphates: 0
SG: 1.024

My Green Slimmer SPS is almost starting to touch my HOB filter. Should I consider moving the filter or will it start growing in another direction once it hits it? I only ask because if I move it, it has to be to the far right of the tank and right now that's where my Hydor powerhead is. To the far left I have the skimmer and that wont fit on the right because of the rock work. Thoughts?

i love it...i love the thread, i love how you post a TON of pics and I love the entire area set up.

How big do you estimate those clowns are? They look about the size I would sell mine when I was breeding them. What'd they charge you $10 a pop?

how many puffers do you have in there? and where did you get the deco/colorful rock? Is that like plug and play where you purchase the rock and the plug in the various colorful fake corals? or it is all molded together like that?

Sorry for all the questions. Did you use a DSLR to take the pics? great pictures too.

howze01

NJRC Member
Very cool tanks you have there! I really like all the arched rockwork in the 10.

That bar looks like a good place to host an NJRC meeting....just sayin!

Thanks guys for the replies. The one clown is around an inch and the other, about an inch and 1/4. I bought them from The Hidden Reef for $15 a piece. Thanks for the comments on the rock work. I love the look of the "caves" and love watching the Dottyback and Green Clown Goby swing through them.

As for the freshwater tank, the decor was bought from Petsmart and I believe it was from TopFin. The weren't cheap but i thought they were cool and again they too have many hole and hidding spots for the puffers to go in/through. Right now I have 5 Figure 8 puffers and 2 Platinum Molly's. Will probably add another 3 puffers and maybe 2 Molly's. I'd love to host a meet at the house at some point, I wouldn't mind that at all. Someone just has to tell me what's involved and who I need to contact.

What's DSLR, in reguards to the pic question? I used my Canon PowerShot 1400 with a small magnifying glass, about the size of a credit card, that I picked up from AC Moore craft store. LOL