• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 10G Nano

Star Fish: I found 2 of these guys in the tank

IMG_1173.jpg

Xeina finally took to a spot and is starting to stand up.

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Clowns:

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Other:

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

howze01

NJRC Member
Careful with the little starfish. Those are Asterina stars and they multiply QUICK. Some kinds of them have also been known to snack on zoas. May want to scoop them out!

Right now the little white starfish are keeping to the rocks and aren't moving close to the corals, but I will keep an eye on them. I also noticed that I have 2 Brittle starfish in there as well but they never come out of the holes in the rock. Every once in a while you'll see there legs come out and sway in the water, that's about it. Are they something I should be concerned with as well?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Micro brittles are harmless, they are great little scavengers to have in the tank. The stars will most likely stick to the rocks and eat the coralline algae off them. They can reproduce rapidly so keep an eye on their numbers.

LOL But I dont want those little white ones eating my coralline either. But we'll wait and see how this goes, play it by ear. I'm just excitied because I have something new to look at. They were on some frags I got a few days ago.