• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 180 build (pic intensive)

pistolpete said:
very nice jack! so when are the fish and inverts coming?

I'm going to start moving the contents of my 55 gal in tomorrow after I do a water change. Everything but my six line will be going into the new tank. The six line is being bansihed to my 20 gal FOWLR tank with the 2 damsels I used to cycle the 55. The new tank is going to look extreemly empty with 5 green chromises and 2 clowns, but I don't want the six line in there because he's too aggressive.

Absinthe said:
I was going to go to the shore next week...but I think I will sprawl out under your lights instead! 8) 8) 8)

LOL, that's what my wife said. No more tanning salon, just slide the light rack over and your all set :)

Some updated pics...

My newest addition picked up from AO today

180tank129.jpg

180tank132.jpg

180tank135.jpg

Full tank shot after I added some of the rock from my 55.

180tank126.jpg

Sam's rock :p

180tank136.jpg

Some of the few corals I have.

180tank128.jpg

180tank131.jpg

180tank130.jpg

And the branching hammer giving to me by Mike which is really beautiful and doing really well. Thank you again Mike. It really looks nice in the new tank.

180tank133.jpg

A pic of my two clowns. It's one of the few shots of them that actually came out nice.

180tank127.jpg

Treadingwater said:
Sam it's all Will's fault. He sold the 24" shelf piece I was looking for so I had to settle for this one :)

Oh, I thought that WAS that peice! He said it was yours so I could not buy it. I wonder who got away with it then?

Thank you Bill!!

Honestly, I'm really undecided. I want to do mainly SPS but I don't know exactly which ones. Same with which fish I want to add. I really don't know for sure what I want to add. I think I'm just going to take it slow.

Jack I've finally found your tank build thread!!

Looks good .. can't imagine what it looks like now though because I know you have alot more than your last update. We have to do a day where you come see my tank and then we'll take a ride and go see yours. As soon as Ethan is finished with my sump i'll be ready to post my tank build thread.

Anyway looks good and I'll see you at A.O.