• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 28Gal JBJ HQI

No I do not actually
Do I need to do that?
He was downstairs for two years with nothing under him
This sand is a little coarser I have southdown downstairs
He has Hermit shells stuck to the bottom

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yes, they should be on a rock or something. Croceas especially as they are a rock dwelling clam. It can be something as simple as a 1/2 clam shell, a small piece of flat rock or I have even seen some folks use a flat piece of ceramic tile.

How's that chiller working out so far?

Chiller is working GREAT

I just do not know how I should set it up with my Aquacontroller
I was thinking of just turning it off at a certain degree in case it stays on for some reason
The chiller has its own temp controller
I never had any type of chiller on the 600 gal setup so this is new to me
I was thinking the other night that all the money i spent on the other setup I had and never had a chiller and now with this tiny setup I need a frigin Chiller LOL

Jason

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad it is working for you. I would set the temp on the chiller controller to the desired temp you want the tank kept at, and set the Aquacontoller at about 1-1.5 degrees lower, this way if the chiller controller doesn't shut it off for some reason the AC will only let it drop another degree or so before it shuts the power off to it.

panmanmatt said:
Glad it is working for you. I would set the temp on the chiller controller to the desired temp you want the tank kept at, and set the Aquacontoller at about 1-1.5 degrees lower, this way if the chiller controller doesn't shut it off for some reason the AC will only let it drop another degree or so before it shuts the power off to it.

Yep That is what I was thinking

Jason

What do you think can I put this guy in there?
He is lonely down in the basement LOL

sump008.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh I'm pretty sure he's best off in the sump, J. 28 is a BIT small for him, I'd guess.

Hey Jason how did you hook up the chiller? did you use a separate pump if so which pump? also are you running the stock skimmer?

I hooked up my chiller to the left hand pump and used the same return but I'm thinking I might not have enough flow for the chiller.

skimmer: I really hate the stock skimmer.... Its on the way of everything and it doesn't produce much. I'm thinking of an AquaC nano... aside from that I ordered a koralia 1 so increase flow.

Anything else new with yours?