• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

my 40 breeder

thought it was time to post some pics. This is my 40 breeder. It has been up and running for about a year. I use only an aquaclear 110 as a refugium which has mud,live,and cheato in it. there are 2 powerheads for flow. that is it. lighting is 96 watts current PC,s with 17 watt PC's over the aquaclear. This tank houses mostly mushrooms and zoos . A few other softies and one lps coral. I have a blue damsel which was the first thing I ever bought. I also have a GBM clown who resides in a very large GBTA.

I really like what you have going on . The tank looks great and I really like the low cost aspect of it . Just proves that less can be more when it comes to equiptment . Less to go wrong .

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had the opportunity to see this tank in person last week. It is a very nice looking tank. Nice clear and colorful. As always in this hobby the pics do not do it justice at all. Very nice

Taz

Ps the sweepers that he has going on in the pic from the leather are unbelievable...almost 2 feet or more with hundreds of others branching off. I actually thought a spider web had fallen into the tank. Never saw anything like it.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! No sump, no skimmer? I can't believe how great that looks without the "essentials".

You know, I have an aquaclear 100 or 110 in the garage. I heard about turning them into a fuge, but never gave it a second thought. I have a sump with a fuge chamber already, but I might as well see if I can find a good spot to hang it on and get some use out of it. At the very least, I could use it just to hold my carbon bag and get that out of the return chamber.

Thanks for sharing.

some recent pics.no filter,no skimmer.no chemicals, no testing,no supplements.I turned on the lights to take these so not everything is happy,maybe I will take a couple more in the afternoon to show in full glory.How,s it look?

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tank still looks great!

PS, the chaeto you gave me the beginning of the summer is now about 4" thick x 12" long x 14" high. It's in my sump and I keep it standing up along the baffle wall in my sump. Any water that goes through my sump has to pass through it, so it's been doing a great job helping with filtration. It's a nice tight weaved "nest". ;)

glad to hear the cheato is doing its job.Where can I see some pics of your tank.It is always nice to see what others are up to?Thanks for the compliment

You're tank is amazing buddy! How much Live rock do you have in it? Is that AC110 helping at all? I'm about do to the same thing on my 40breeder..

thanks,I really have no idea how much live rock I have I would guess it to be around 100 lbs maybe more. I would assume the aquaclear is doing someething as it is all I have and I harvest lots of cheato from it.