• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My experience with nyaquatics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
No gamble here, just simply good experiences, for a couple of years now, a large amount of healthy fish to prove so, proof is in the pudding, in this case "my fish", seems there are always conflicting stories, but mine are real, and numerous times, with time as proof...to each is own.

jsantoli said:
So one day I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to drive up to nyaquatics with him to pick up some fish. We drove to New Rochelle, picked out all of the fish. We had 3 people orders, over $1000 total. By the time I got home and dripped the new fish, some were looking bad already. Another one of the guys who got fish said 6 were dead by the time he got home. We didnt say anything and didnt call him about it. The next time we mail ordered instead of picking the fish up. We ordered another $700 or so in fish, they were packed with 48 hour heat packs, and 24 hours later when we opened the box ALL the fish were dead, and the water inside the bags was 58.4. We called him back and he hemmed and hawed and decided to give us $200 in credit. So I drove back up and did another order for myself and another member, $400 this time. The 2 blotchy's I bought are both dead now, as is the bangaii cardinal I bought. If you watch him unwrap the bags they throw the fish into buckets from waist high, I was there as they were unpacking. He sells fish that havent acclimated to his tank yet, right out of the bucket, half dead, and he was bagging them up for other people. I am not going to buy anything from him again, cheaper is definitely not better. Be careful and think twice about putting an order in with him.

I normally make it a point NOT to get involved when "customer" post positive or negative feedback for me. It's very difficult for it not to sound self-promoting. However, every once in a while, someone posts something that is such a pile of lies/half-truths/bs that I can't ignore it. That's the case here.

"So one day I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to drive up to nyaquatics with him to pick up some fish. We drove to New Rochelle, picked out all of the fish. We had 3 people orders, over $1000 total. By the time I got home and dripped the new fish, some were looking bad already. Another one of the guys who got fish said 6 were dead by the time he got home. We didnt say anything and didnt call him about it."

Does this make sense to anyone? You buy $1000 worth of fish, every one dies, and you don't bother complaining to the supplier?

"The next time we mail ordered instead of picking the fish up."

So you not only don't call to complain, you buy more and have it shipped? Unless you recognized that you were at fault, why in the world would you do this???

"We ordered another $700 or so in fish"

$350 to be exact

"and 24 hours later when we opened the box ALL the fish were dead, and the water inside the bags was 58.4"

Here, he neglects to mention that the fish were delivered at 8:30 am, and they didn't even get around to opening the box until 4:30 pm. IMO, that is absolutely unacceptable handling of live fish. There is no way to excuse that.

"We called him back and he hemmed and hawed and decided to give us $200 in credit"

I didn't hem and haw at all. I explained to them that their treatment of live fish was grossly negligent. I told them that they do not know the condition of the fish upon arrival, since they didn't even bother to open the package. I gave them full credit for all the fish reported dead (not DOA), with the condition that I would not honor any claims in the future unless packages were received and opened upon arrival, or they pick up.

"So I drove back up and did another order for myself and another member, $400 this time"

They used their credit, and still bought more fish. Again, unless they realized they were to blaim, why in the world would they keep buying fish?

"If you watch him unwrap the bags they throw the fish into buckets from waist high, I was there as they were unpacking"

I don't know about you, but my waste is about 4" above the top of the salt buckets we use for acclimation

"He sells fish that havent acclimated to his tank yet, right out of the bucket"
He wanted a fish that just arrived. He knew it was a new arrival. We never ship fish until acclimated and eating, unless a customer wants to pickup new arrivals. Then he complains about me selling new arrivals???

Mike thank you for posting.

Ill just let everyone know i was going to make a rather large anemone purchase from Mike. He kept me update to date and didnt even sell me the anemone because of its decline in healthy. Im not disputing anyones claims just letting everyone know ive personally never had any problem. I hope Mike can also become a sponsor.

??? :-\ I have to say I see strong opinions both good or bad from people that I respect their opinions of on both sides. I have to admit I like their emails and would have considered ordering from them but now I would be very very careful if I did. However as fish keepers we should be really mindful of the health of our fish. When picking up from people I always pack heat packs in a cooler or cooler bag....and get them acclimating as quick as possible. When mail order...did it once I had delivered to FedEx for immediate pickup. I think both are precautions we should take.

< Tiger Jawfish MIA > This just in! He's a jumper! Part 1. Found him ALIVE in the filter ... all the way under the the area behind the powerhead! Amazing. Part 2. Since he was doing well in the nano, he graduated to the 60g. He's a jumper! Found him in the over-flow! Still ok ... I think he knew I was going to "save" him ... he came to the top and jumped in the net ... he really did!

You might be able to see him ... he's living under the rock, to the right of the coco worm. Lights off at 11pm eastern. http://www.sandeeland.com/FishCam/ - Fishcam subject to moving around ... but for now, pointed at Mr. Tiger! :)

cam_1.jpg

Come back with whatever bs you want, you know that the way you treat the fish in your cold, dingy garage is totally horrid. The 3 of us made the mistake of giving you another chance after the first order. And the prices I put are correct, 2 pairs of bellus angels, 5 blotchys all together, over a dozen of lyretail anthias, and a bunch more I dont care to type out. It can't be a coincidence thatALL of these fish died spread out amongst 3 different tanks. And you can keep having friends make new names and try and correct your bad business practice by posting positive experiences about you on here, because as you can read throughout the last 2 pages the common experience with your "company" is crappy to say the least. I do take a part of the blame. It is the polar opposite of the way I normally like to do things to search around and find the cheapest deal I can. I have no problem at all spending top dollar for a good product, but when you shop in $1 stores, you get $1 store quality...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've split off the recent positive feedback and locked this thread. If either party needs to add something to it please PM me to discuss it.

Here's the New Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.