• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new 40 breeder

Ill be going with nudis. Got the frag tank all ready for them. Ill be leaving for Tenn. Then Disney in a fee days and will be picking up my nudis on the way back at the coral reef in Knoxville. Dude is gonna took me up with as many as I need for a zombie Planet frag and a superman chalice frag. great store down there. A favorite visit when visiting my mom

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If by any chance you get any extra nudibranchs when you stop please let me know. I would be happy to buy a few from you. Your tank looks great!

If I don't get extra, I'm sure they will breed well in my frag tank. I have tons at aptasia in it. And plenty more in my dt. Ill be happy to pass some on to you and anyone else that needs

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
i guess my question is.... how can you be 100% positive you are putting a good "nudibranch"as opposed to a bad one. Is there a distinguishing feature to id them?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If I don't get extra, I'm sure they will breed well in my frag tank. I have tons at aptasia in it. And plenty more in my dt. Ill be happy to pass some on to you and anyone else that needs

Thanks man. Let me know how they work out for you. I have a few tiny ones I just do not want them to become an issue.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
A blast of boiling RODI water will take care of that... (as per Paul and Hockeynut)

Thanks man. Let me know how they work out for you. I have a few tiny ones I just do not want them to become an issue.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
A blast of boiling RODI water will take care of that... (as per Paul and Hockeynut)

I would do this when they are on the glass or just a rock, the remaining ones are in between polyps so I'm nervous to damage those when I go for the aptasia. Sorry to hijack your thread twisted.

Na, no hijack. Its something many of us deal with. Ive done boiling water, lemon juice, aptasia x. I've only succeeded in making more lol. When they are on the glass I just scrape with a razor and suck them out. I really hope the bergs do the trick

Na, no hijack. Its something many of us deal with. Ive done boiling water, lemon juice, aptasia x. I've only succeeded in making more lol. When they are on the glass I just scrape with a razor and suck them out. I really hope the bergs do the trick

I have used boiling hot rodi water that has been super saturated with calcium hydroxide(kalkwater) . I use a hypo needle from a diabetic friend to inject into the aipstasia. When the superheated kalkwater hits the animal and saltwater it immediately pastes up and clogs the anemone.

I have also seen YouTube videos of some guy with a 1 to 2 watt laser burn the crap out of them right through the glass! Great for those tight places!

Almost lost these guys. With them in the frag tank now, I can brighten back
hume4eju.jpg

just some got bored pics
edury5ab.jpg

5uve9ady.jpg

2uvagume.jpg

Thanks. Each day they stay out a little longer and look healthier. Ive been feeding a little roti and music every day. I'm leaving for Tenn and then Disney tonight. Hoping my bud can keep them on the upswing.

Thanks. Each day they stay out a little longer and look healthier. Ive been feeding a little roti and music every day. I'm leaving for Tenn and then Disney tonight. Hoping my bud can keep them on the upswing.

Vacations always seem to take a toll on a reef tank. Wish you the best man.

Just got home from vacation. Other than needing to clean the glass the tank faired very well.
We had a blast and madison got to meet all her favorite Disney peeps and lunch with Cinderella. SeaWorld was great also. I love the reef tank there.
5y5ygevy.jpg

ty3ezyta.jpg

So in looking closer at my tank I'm starting to see a small population of flatworms. The rusty brown type I am pretty sure they are a planera. Having not added any corals in a long time I'm guessing my recently gone carpet surfing melanarus wrasse was keeping them away. Time to find a replacement. But not sure what to get. Sixline target mandarin red mandarin.....or a fish I've never had. Would love some suggestions. Total water volume of my tank is 65 gal with sump and frag. Current fish are
Small sailfin
Pair of clowns
Cardinal
Spotted hawkfish

So in looking closer at my tank I'm starting to see a small population of flatworms. The rusty brown type I am pretty sure they are a planera. Having not added any corals in a long time I'm guessing my recently gone carpet surfing melanarus wrasse was keeping them away. Time to find a replacement. But not sure what to get. Sixline target mandarin red mandarin.....or a fish I've never had. Would love some suggestions. Total water volume of my tank is 65 gal with sump and frag. Current fish are
Small sailfin
Pair of clowns
Cardinal
Spotted hawkfish

Sailfer flatworm exit. Buy enough for 3 doses. You'll never see em again. Follow the dirrctions for dose one and two and for the last one go a but stronger. Safe for your inverts.

Sent from my Galaxy S4