• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new 90 gallon

So I got the tank from magic that he won at the Aquatic Obsession sale. It fits perfect in the spot I was hoping to put it and it just so happens that my boss at work has an extra 90 gallon reef ready tank in his basement. But here are some pics. I got lights and a sump from smcooler..
Stage1003.jpg

Stage1001.jpg

I also got a Bubble Master 200 protein skimmer from him that I am going to pick up this weekend. http://www.fishsupply.com/sps-ati200.html

Here is the tank and stand (the non RR tank)

Stage1002.jpg

I also wanted to take a shot to show where in my house the tank is going to be. We have a loft overlooking the living room so I thought it would be perfect to put it up there since it can be seen from the street when the curtains are open, from the living room downstairs, and from the loft. The only problem I am thinking is going to be the direct sunloight the loft gets from the skylight.

Stage1004.jpg

Stage1005.jpg

I just realized how dumb my little butler guy (housewarming gift) looks with my wifes motorcycle helmet on lol. But he is holding the frag swap octopus!

looks great joe - and the helmet ain't bad looking too! ;D

so since you have a sump - do you have plans to drill or just get an overflow box?

Joe,

What are the dimensions for that sump? I'm looking for a new one for both my 90 and 120 and that design looks like something I might want. Where did smcooler get it?

Yeah the loft should hold the tank. The wall behind the tank is a demising wall between my condo and my neighbors. The tank lies on 2 floor joists so I should be all set. I was thinking about having my friend tint the skylight. And the sump dimensions are 43"w X 12"H X 13" deep

Thanks Bob, everything fell into place. My boss is going ot use the 90 gallon non RR, and give me his RR 90 gal. So no need to drill thankfully

Picked up the RR 90 gallon today.

Stage1011.jpg

Stage1012.jpg

I've started making RO water to prepare to fill this thing up. But that probably won't be until after the new year. Then sand and rock and I think I am done.

Stan might be coming over this weekend to help me with the plumbing if you want to stop by and hang out. There will be some beer

nice!! I made all the mistakes myself with the plumbing. If I knew beer could bring experts into the fold I would have done that instead!!!!

Between beer and pretty much getting all of Stan's hand-me-downs I figured I would ask for the help since he knows the equipment best. But beer does help to get people together usually!