• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Oceanic Tech 120

Re: My Oceanic Tech 120 and a request for input.

They all look great but I have no idea how to get any of them out. :-\ as they are all in the back.

Pics look good!

Watch the RBTA clones, mine always found the Tunzes and VorTechs and it's not pretty! Put rocks and stuff near them and if the attach move them to some isolation area and find them homes!

Good idea Bax...I can lay some flat rocks down and hope they hang on. Luckily they are at this point stable one next to the other.

JRWOHLER said:
Nope Mag12...quiet and reliable...heat factor not so sure.

sorry is that just for the return or do you use it for the skimmer / reactor?

BTW

My coral beauty is six years in my reef(s) and has been OK with all invert critters, SPS, zoas, LPS, clams, etc.

And I've had other fish (that I've had to remove) reek havoc on zoas & clams in particular right in front of him.

I have the Mag12 T'd to go to a TLF reactor in the back of the cabinet...left side of sump then returns to start of fuge to add flow.
The skimmer has a Sicce pump on it now with the purple needle wheel and a Koralia mini feed pump as it is recirculating.....The Koralia mini is really mini which helps cuz the skimmer is a beast size wise, not tall but fat.

I hope your right Bax, he picked one acan but not sure it wasn't more of after the fact problem. Otherwise he picks here and there but nothing repetitive. And not the clams or my wife would have a fit.

Nice tank!your frogspawn looks awesome! How is your coral beauty? ive had one in my tank and ever since, cleaner shrimp dont stand a chance.

Thanks :). Coral B only bothered one acan frag to date....no problems with my shrimps that I noticed cleaner for sure no problem and peppermint is always hiding but nothing new.

The little circles are Armor of Gods Zoas to the left and True Reds I think on right, both are zoas.
Not sure if you can tell but they are slightly different. Gladly give you some at some point.

JRWOHLER said:
The little circles are Armor of Gods Zoas to the left and True Reds I think on right, both are zoas.
Not sure if you can tell but they are slightly different. Gladly give you some at some point.

I'd appreciate that greatly. I showed my mom some websites for corals and she's got a grocery list she wants to see in the tank lol. I'm trying to convince my parents to you know make a contribution to my addiction.

That is a very good idea..my wife likes the zoas and SPS so I do the same thing. ;D

They all came from two frags of 3-5 heads.

No, only news one bad boy decided to roam around and got his little tentacles stuck in the MJ900 that will teach him...pouting at the moment. 3 at the moment.

Think my 4 line may have passed...haven't seen him in a week. Really was a great fish for the time I had him, I don't know what happened. Rest of fish are all healthy, he was doing well, guess it can just happen. I have a limit of 7 fish, everytime I add one I lose one I am just going to have to live with it.

Need to replace a ballast on my light. Those IceCap scratch and dent are sooo enticing but don't think I can make it Sunday.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

James,

You want me to one up for you at the discounted price? Just let me know.

Tell me what you are looking for and I will get it for you.

Rod