• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nate's Big 90 Upgrade!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I am not sure what you should put in first, but I know the tangs should go in last. The general consensus is peaceful fish first, followed by the more aggressive. This way the peaceful fish have time to stake a claim and find hiding spots. If the aggressive fish are in first they will declare a territory and then defend it which could be bad for other fish.

If it were me:

pistol shrimp and goby
Clowns with something to host, does not need to be an anem just something they can call home. They won't become aggressive unless they decide to breed.
Anthias (which ever you go with)
Wrasse pair (I would look for a nice flasher wrasse pair)
One of the tangs, probably the kole

Any decisions with the specific fish you are looking for?

Well I had put the clown in first about a month ago, and following that I put in a lyretail anthias trio. They were fine and then I added my bicolor dottyback which showed no aggression in the old tank however in this one it started attacking the anthias. The anthias went into a spot were i couldnt catch them to put them in my sump to recover and 2 ended up dying. The one female is left and has had 0 problems with the other fish. I have had no luck getting the dottyback out and have at this point resorted to try and fish it out. Once I get the dottyback out I want to get another 2 anthias and I will go from there.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yeah dottybacks can be aggressive and some can be peaceful, really a crap shoot.

I havent posted here for a while. But the corals are all growing nicely and everything is good. so far my fish stock is: 1 B+W ocellaris, 1 lyretail anthias, and my new addition, a christmas wrasse.

Well, it's certainly been a while. But here is a FTS. Today I added a radiant wrasse and kole tang. They're such beautiful fish. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350146359.508006.jpg

Some stuff In the tank
gyze3yzu.jpg

3yge6a9u.jpg

jabyrydy.jpg

uvymy9et.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Acans look great. I love the golden torch, I have one as well and think everyone should have one.

Haven't updated in a while. I have lots of new pieces, just gotta get out the camera for some pictures. Just took this with my phone. Side view of the tank showing my superman monti, blueberry fields acro and my new bonsai.
hy3urymu.jpg

Nate, Your tank looks great. Nice assortment of colors. Really good job on sump design. It was a pleasure meeting you and your dad. Thanks for the Chalice.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Wow Nate, the tank is looking amazing!! Great job!! Can't wait to see it in person!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Tank looks great man. Are those the group buy frags I see in the frag rack?