• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 90 Gallon Reef setup. - Going to need alot of advice.

Did you fill out the application form...if not do that and send it in. You will be good to go. If you did then we need to get an update on your status.

Hey guys what happens if the copper remover gets in the DT? I tried a reactor but it slipped thru the foam ... I am out now looking for a media sock. Ugh!!

Hey guys on my 55 with the hob CPR 90 how do I get the drain to stop surging? It seems like it is draining ok but then every couple of seconds it makes a Noise and surge of water comes thru into the sump... it's not a problem just loud and annoying. ..anybody know what causes this?

I've started my plumbing... (Yes, I know... scary!) Please provide feedback... it's not glued... nor tested for water yet... just concept... Please be gentle... this is my first run at pvc plumbing...
Now I think I should explain the Overflow Box... they had it setup backward and actually cut a hole in the top/side of the OB... I decieded to go 1 inch all the way around and switched the sides around for plumbing reasons...(If i didn't they would be on the same path and I'd have to elbow my way around making it messy looking and also a loss of head pressure for my pump... I am thinking about spray painting the pvc black so it doesn't look so bad... is there a "Reef Safe" spray paint or do they make Black pvc?

Let me know what I've done wrong and/or what I can do to make it better.

Thanks in advance and remember be gentle... :)botplum2.jpgOB.jpgtopplumb.jpg

You may want to get a smaller pipe for the return to DT from overflow. This way you can place a lid on it to prevent light spill resulting in unwanted algae clogging up the overflow. Even if you are hanging lights you will want a top cover on that overflow.

You might also want to get rid of the dead coraline now before you get everything set up and decide you want to clean it.

But how is the plumbing does it look right? I know the return looks like it comes up from the pump then 90 and it's slanted down but that's just because it wasn't pushed in all the way... Is it okay that I went with 1 inch on both the return and drain pipes?
Thanks.