• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Store in Dunellen (RED SAND)

A girl I work with told me there's a new store on Rt. 28 in Dunellen. She didn't remember the name. Anyone know of the place?

Re: New Store in Dunellen

It is called Red Sand. I went there about 3 weeks ago, had a few fish, decent prices and a few Soft and LPS and some Zoos. He had a nice Regal Angelfish and a few different tangs. He said he was still in the process of setting up when I was there.

woooohooooooooo.... Do i save 200 on Geico or go to the new store? Hmmm this is a konundrum (sp)

I was told it's on Rt. 28 in Dunellen across from the Post Office and near the intersection of Rt. 28 and Washington Ave.

momof6kids

NJRC Member

Let me know whether it is worth going or not. Another fish store close to home. Wooohoo!

I went last night. There's not much there yet. He's just starting out. There are few fish. There's one tank that he has some softies and LPS, but he has no SPS corals. He told me he's waiting for lighting for that tank. When you walk in, he has a 600g display on the left that has the potential to be a beautiful show piece. I myself will be waiting another month or so before I go back.

I went a couple nights ago.... beautiful tanks not many fish... some anemones and some corals... The one huge show tank when you walk in is amazing It has a pair of ocellaris clowns and a pair of moorish idols. Its like 600 gallons

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member

Stopped by afterwork. Place looks clean and the one employee,, maybe owner, seemed very friendly. We talked a little and he does seem know ledgable. He had some nice GBTA going for $70 and $80 pretty good sizes.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

We stopped there today. It's a nice place with a ton of potential. The amazing thing is that he built everything inside the store himself. Tanks and all!!

They still don't have a lot of stock right now, but he is getting more fish on Monday.

I stopped in today, just to check it out. Jung was a nice guy, he is trying to get up and running. Not much to see yet, but has some nice size display tanks a few fish, shrimp and some coral. He has most supplements and test kits in stock now, but not a whole lot of livestock. He says he gets new stuff Mondays and Tuesdays. I will be checking back in with him in a couple of weeks because his store has potential.

Kenny Z.

Its on Rt. 28 west of Washington Ave. Only a few stores in across from the post office. I have not solid address, but it is not hard to find.

Kenny Z.

malulu

NJRC Member
i stop by today, the owner is a very nice guy:

• he have some new fishes just in, in the back, acclimating, will be out to the front around Friday.
  • i pick up 3 fishes from there, and he will hold them for me (no deposit required) to make sure they are good, i will pick them up some time around the weekend.
  • he have some issue to setup his credit card machine, so, for now you will need to paid cash, may be few more weeks before he can accept credit card.

like some other said, this place have protential, and we should keep checking it out...

While in the area checking on a job today, I stopped to check the store out. It has potential, the owner was very nice, the store was clean, not a lot of stock yet as he is still getting everything set up. I bought 3 Sexy shrimp and a yellow goby. The prices where about average, I asked if he would give me a break on the price ($15 ea.) on the Shrimp if I bought all 3 he had and he knocked it down to $12 ea. I think this will be a nice store once he gets rolling.

Stopped in on Friday 5/25... Like others have said he's setting up shop and still has limited selection but it looks like this shop could have some good potential.

Fong(sp) very nice guy, purchased 8# of live rock for flat $40.00 cash (coraline covered) and 1 piece actually has two hairy mushrooms attached. (However, when I got home I found out that they were aptiasia covered.... There small peices and I'll plan on "NUKING" them in a seperate container.

Still could not take credit cards as of 5/25.

malulu

NJRC Member
yeah, the owner is a very nice, and the price is very good also. i stop by last week, told him that one of the fish i got from him end of dead... :( and he said: sorry... when i got a blue star fish from him, he insist to be free and not charge me for it... i should go back more often...
;D

he had some heating issue few weeks back - because his hug 600 gals tank is too close to the outside class door, plus he blocked the A/C unit hole, so he can't install an A/C there... he end up with remove all the stuffs in the 600 gals, and shift the whole tank about 4 foot away from the sun, and un-block the hole for the new a/c, everything just back in the 600gals, and nice and cool.

hopefully he would have some new stocks coming in soon in the next few weeks. his shipment normally come in on sunday, and will be in the back acclimating, you can go inside, and pick your fish, and ask him to hold it for you for a week or so to make sure it survive before you purchase it.