• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Store in Dunellen (RED SAND)

I stopped in again today, still not a lot of stock, but you can't beat his prices. The SPS frag tank is up with a few pieces. He's got some gorgeous Green Wrasses in quarantine along with a couple of the smallest Hippo's I've ever seen. This is the first shop I've been to in central Jersey to quarantine their livestock. I sure hope he makes it in this location. I picked up a LMB and a Green Clown Goby. I'm stopping back later in the week to get a 6-line from him.

I stopped in a few weks back and bought some small items to try and help him out. He's a nice guy and I hope the store makes it. I stopped by again this past Saturday at around 11am but he was not open. I was looking to buy some salt and wanted to give him my business. No hours posted on the door. I had to go somewhere else as i didn't even knowi f he would open at all over the weekend.

I'll help all I can but he needs to step up his game to be more professional and reliable if he wants to succeed.

Stopped in again and he now has a very nice selection of frags and clams. Prices can not be beat. He often discounts it even a little further when you pay.

I really hope this store succeeds !!!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just double checked using my test login and it works just fine. Dave, try following the "Reviews" link from the menu. That is accessible to everyone!

malulu

NJRC Member
Yes, Phyl, i saw it now...
because of the existing review entries are not standout, i though i got route to a blank page...
:-[

I love that store, I actually drive up there from Jackson NJ, b/c I know he give good prices on everything he sells..

He even gave me a free frag of a coral..

I am a regular there, I go almost every other weekend.. (and also b/c my in-laws live there) ;D

Stopped bye for the first time last night. Nice store lots of potential, great prices. I will definitely be going back. Feng(owner) said he has a decent amount of coral coming in the next couple of days. BTW the address is 318 North Ave Dunellen phone # is 732 968 8888

i live close to Redsand and have been there many times. jung is a great guy with awesome prices. he is generous and very helpful. i'll be there this afternoon.

professor

I have been to Red Sand and I must admit that it is a blast to go there and see his live stock. Since the posters original post he has added quite a few fish and quite a few corals. I personally hope this store does great because his prices can't be beat. The fish look in very good shape and he is more than willing to deal with you and set you up with a fine package. What impressd me the most was that instead of a bunch of store bought tanks he made all of the tanks in his store including his 600 gallon display tank thats absolutely BEAUTIFUL. My girlfriend and I picked up a yellow sea cucumber and a sand sifting goby. That are doing well im my new tank. We will definately be back there soon when I get my new light to purchase some corals and really turn things up!

-Aso!!!!

malulu

NJRC Member
a heads up...

RED SAND is now sign up as a member, he should be posting soon in our webiste about for sales items!!!

;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not just a member, but a Sponsor and vendor to add to our growing list of vendor forums! We'll have that up and running shortly!

;D Let me tell you I never heard of the place until the flyer at the swap. I stopped in because I needed a new piece of live rock. I usually go to Tropiquarium because it is closer to my house but Red Sand is close to my dojo so I decided to give it a shot. Another member can tell you he sold them 300 lb of live rock and I was sifting though the leftover pieces, when Feng the owner pulled a PERFECT piece out of his display tank for me. I got it and two rubble pieces and he gave it too me for a better discount then his flyer.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Not sure who the other person was(give me a shout) but it is true story.
He doesn't have a great selection of dry goods but the fish prices are very good the coral I was sort of not paying strict attention...too much frag swap but they looked good.
Again if Feng reads this thanks a bunch!!

Phyl said:
Not just a member, but a Sponsor and vendor to add to our growing list of vendor forums! We'll have that up and running shortly!
That is fantastic!

I hope this is a sign that he is doing well and will be around for years to come.

Good stuff. :)

So...I've been mulling how to write this for a while - and well, here goes nothing.

A while back I mentioned on a review that I liked the store and thought it had potential. I am not disputing that initial analysis - yet.

A recent experience I guess gives me slight pause. Let me explain.

A large shipment arrived and I was running late getting out of work but wanted to stop by and take a look (also to honor my promise on another thread that I'd check out the hours). Anyways the manager was busy with a customer and I just minded my own business and checked out the nice selection.

The exchange went roughly like this: customer: What kind of fish is that? Will that go well with my tank?

answer: yep yep.

customer: ok - I'll get that fish, that fish and that fish and that fish (four total).

Now I do not know the context or how large the tank the customer had or what exact type of fish were procured (they weren't four nemos I know that) - but it was a little red flag when items are sold like that. I guess when the customer didn't even know what kind of fish he was buying - it was a little sad to me. In defense of the store - I have read about stubborn customers who insist on buying the items...otherwise they take their dollars elsewhere.

Anyways - like I said - it's quite possible everything worked out fine - but I wanted to share this. I think the inventory is excellent and prices are good so an experienced reefer will probably do well to check them out. Hope this post makes sense. I do not intend it to bash the store as I like them.

As I stated in the beginning - I think the place has great potential.

Unfortunately while he is very helpful he doesn't communicate very well. I know that may not make sense but I was looking for a refractometer(sp?) and I couldn't get him to understand what I was looking for eventually he showed me a nice test kit :-\. Might be a language issue not a knowledge one. Like I said my experience was good but I did have that problem too.