• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New to this

Ok team today I have a problem I haven’t seen yet. I have what appears to be very healthy Florida Ricordia one of them. My largest one that split about a month ago is suddenly covered in a milky white somewhat translucent substance. To I throw it out or is this something they do

Is that a chalice above? If so sweeper tentacles may have bombarded it with stingers. They present at night and not every night. Some can extend several inches.
Above is not a chalice and has no sweapers. However it is the closet thing to it so who knows. Maybe it effected it

Finally Repaired Terrible plumbing Design/execution

Oh where to begin.... when building the present reef set up. Having used basically all used equipment certain things were well let’s just say not what I would have chosen give an option. However, I had no worries.
The Five foot 110 gallon main tank has a Ghost overflow with three 1 inch bean animal drains.(I really would have liked larger). However. The drains are large enough if I had figured out a better way to plumb it than I originally did. Last week a piece of foam got stuck in a drain line in sump number one that drains to the basement tanks and a ten gallon flood ensued. Weeeeee.
Taking pictures now and next post will be what I did wrong. And then how I fixed so stay tuned