• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

November 2007 - Meeting Sun Nov 18-Thanks & Recap

Thank you Carlo, for hosting another fun filled meeting!!
very nice to see some of my old fish, still doing well!!

Good luck with all that water, i know how much of a headache it can be, somedays!!

Hopefully I will see you soon to help you out with your little electrical problems! ;)

Thanks again!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for hosting our little gathering this month. It was great to see so many new faces along with the old ones. Hopefully you all picked up a thing or two about your cameras today!

I had a great time at my first meeting. Carlo your tanks are outstanding! Thanks to everyone for being so great to a new member, and thanks to Sinkingbeach, and rgarofalo for the frags. It was a pleasure to meet you all, and I am looking forward to Janurary as I will be a no show for December's party.

thanks for having us all, of course matt forgot his jacket lol(its just an excuse to see your tanks again). too bad we didnt win the stinking efflo, i was so in the zone lol. what kind was it anyway?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Carlo for a great meeting! It was nice to finally see all your systems, I loved the Clown Trigger and that Naso Tang!

Notes and pictures to follow tomorrow!

Thank you Carlo for having us, and thank you Phyl for a FANTASTIC photo class. I've had my nose in the owner's manual the entire ride home.

We had a great time. Great food, great people, who could ask for more. :)

OH, and Carlo, I still can't believe how you "treated" those peppers, right along with your daughter :eek:

---
Wendy

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry for the delay!

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

Thanks Carlo for opening up your house to us. i had a great time and learned a lot from the camera/photo class.
have a good holiday all and i'll see you all in january.
happy reefing............al

billyr98 said:
Thank you Carlo, for hosting another fun filled meeting!!
very nice to see some of my old fish, still doing well!!

Good luck with all that water, i know how much of a headache it can be, somedays!!

Hopefully I will see you soon to help you out with your little electrical problems! ;)

Thanks again!

While it ended up being a busy day for me as I had promised to help a bunch of people will little things the day of the meeting (those things pile up quickly) I didn't get to spend the time I wanted with people during the meeting. Running around flipping breakers and such didn't help either.

Funny it hasn't happened since the meeting and no other issues either. I guess the system is done with pre-meeting jitters now. :)

It was a fun meeting and I'm glad I got a chance to meet a lot of new people on the club site.

Carlo

PS I'll be in touch soon with you Billy concerning the electric.

malulu said:
Carlo,

Thanks again for the Kati-Ani media...
great house, great tanks, great guy!
;D

No problem at all. I thought it would be easier to just replace it then try and regen it especially since the day ended up being busy for me. When it's time to regen it I can always show you the procedure but for now you are set!

Carlo

reneeRN said:
thank you carlo, i had an excellent time. that is an awesome MASSIVE setup.

It's gonna get bigger too. Don't know if you noticed but there is an empty wall up in the office/fish room. I'm putting another 265 on that wall. I'm either going to do another reef tank (gotta start stocking my corals again) maybe a themed tank like Red Sea or Australian or do a big bufferfly tank. Something you don't see all the time. I've got a 55 that's going in the dining room along with a 90 or 125 on the other wall (dining room). I'm also working on adding a room and basement off the fishroom where the deck is currently at that will be used for a very large reef tank in the multi-thousand gallons range. If/when that happens the 265s will become big trigger/angel/butterfly type tanks since I won't need "additional reefs".

I don't know if anyone looked outside on the other side of my house (onside the fish room) but that is where I run the greenhouse during the summer months. Right now there is additional 600 gallons. I took down what was the greenhouse as I'm going to redo it this spring. This past year was more experimental just to see how well it would work while being connected into the system. It passed so this year I'll do it right. The greenhouse will mostly be for frag/coral growout and maybe a salt water shark pond.

Even if the additional large reef doesn't happen I'll easily be over 3,000 gallons 6 months from now. If I owned stock in PSE&G I think I'd be better off!

Carlo