• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

November Monthly Meeting; Sunday the 23rd Whiting, NJ

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our November monthly meeting will be held at the home of Andy (NJReefGeek) and Jeanne.

Hope to see you all there!

INFO

RSVP

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Re: November Monthly Meeting; Sunday the 23rd

What town? ???

Edited to add: Sorry, just found the address on the RSVP page.

nice off from work and not too far of a ride.. Will be there. lemme ask what we would bring before i RSVP.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Some sort of covered dish/light snack or beverages is usually very helpful. Thanks! Looking forward to "meeting" you.

ANDY! (and anyone attending)

Wanna make some Pillars? *wink* *wink*

I have about a pint and a half (or two maybe) of thorite left we can use to attach formed rocks for your tank! We'll just need some plastic coat hangers, Zippie ties, a Cordless drill and various drill bits-

Let me know everyone, so we can make some cool aquascaping pillars!

Marco rocks are great for this, but Live Liverock will work too!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds great Merv. I am definitely interested in playing around with the Thorite since we talked about it at the swap.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah I know, Booze. I tried to get it changed, but Andy couldn't change the date. :-(

Raffle item donations from frag swap.

These are from Mr.Coral

Wild Eye Favia
wefavia.jpg

Pokerstar? Monti, light purple base, green polyps
pokerstar.jpg

Blue Cup Coral
turbinaria.jpg

Borealis/Goni
goni.jpg

I don't know who donated this Galaxia
galaxia.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The "Turbinaria?" looks like a duncan. Thanks for posting up the photos, Andy! We'll also have some frogspawn and candy cane to raffle off.

Anyone else who would like to donate corals to the raffle, feel free to post here!

Should be a great meeting with building pillars and photo 101 all in one place. I'm looking forward to it!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The "tubinaria" definitely isn't a duncan. Sonny lists it as an Aus blue carpet. I have tried to track down a scientific name but no luck so far. I will see if I can get one before the meeting.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh I wonder if it really is a "blue" version of the cup coral...

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No, different skeletal structure. It more of an acan type skeleton to it. I bought one on my last trip down there but my urchins took it into the rocks and I didn't find it in time.

Yes, from the pics on his site it is the Blue Cup Coral.

There is also a long tentacle green plate coral about 3"-4" across.

Andy

Andy, I'll be comin early to get things ready for the pillar making stuff. I just found out that the store meeting I need to be in is at 8 pm and not at 8 am as I thought. That would mean I have till 6pm to hang with everyone and then off to the meeting I go!

Does anyone know when the photog's are gonna convene?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Typically around 3 so that we can roll right into the meeting after the presentation.

Hirobo said:
do you have to belong to the club to attend one of these?

of course not. that's just a bonus to access all the other things that NJRC has to offer such as group buys, members only raffles, and many many many more!