• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

November Monthly Meeting; Sunday the 23rd Whiting, NJ

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ds4x4 said:
I rsvp'd... i guess everyone like smirnoff? how about jack, captain?

I certianly Yuengling wouldn't want to Yuengling talk Yuengling anyone into Yuengling bringing something Yuengling they may not Yuengling care for but Yuengling a few of us Yuengling prefer a certain brand of Yuengling beer.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JohnS_323 said:
ds4x4 said:
I rsvp'd... i guess everyone like smirnoff? how about jack, captain?

I certianly Yuengling wouldn't want to Yuengling talk Yuengling anyone into Yuengling bringing something Yuengling they may not Yuengling care for but Yuengling a few of us Yuengling prefer a certain brand of Yuengling beer.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I strange urge has come over me after reading John's post

must... buy... Yuengling...

REMINDER!!!

A reminder to those who want to make some pillars:

Bring your Live rock, Base rock, Marco rock pieces that we're creating for the pillars, larger to medium sized pieces preferred, to make cool 'scapes!

I'll bring my Cordless drill, some bits, Thorite, Crushed Oyster shells and Coat hangers.

What we'll need are:

Large/long Zip ties
medium zipties

hey i dont mean to be rude but can someone bring some interceptor so i can get some im willing to pay for it it would be cool to see a demonstration on dipping a coral bc i never done it but getting the interceptor

Nick, do you have any idea how much Interceptor costs? I think it would be waste of money to use Interceptor for a demonstration. Unless you were trying to say something else. ???

nick said:
hey i dont mean to be rude but can someone bring some interceptor so i can get some im willing to pay for it it would be cool to see a demonstration on dipping a coral bc i never done it but getting the interceptor

no i dont know how much it cost but i would buy some from another member and use some of the stuff i bought for a demonstration

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We'll be doing a thorite hands on and a photography workshop this meeting. I think that's about all of the scheduled activity we can muster (and have time for) in one meeting. I don't think we should add another to our agenda. I will bring it up with the committee for discussion at a later meeting.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There's a whole thread dedicated to this in the SPS forum, complete with dosage recommendations, etc., if you're looking to get started right away. Probably your best place to start and then feel free to ask questions either in the forums or at the meeting as you socialize.

What time does the meeting start and how long do they typically last? I am trying to attend but am not 100% certain yet.
Jon

Has anyone tried Waterplug to make rocks? I is also manufactured by Thoro like the Thorite. It is a hydraulic cement which means it cures underwater. In air, it cures within 3-5 minutes which may be a help or hinderance. I've looked into the paperwork as we use a lot of it at work. Interestingly, Waterplug is approved for potable water use and Thorite is not. Seems like Waterplug would be OK in a reef with that distinction. I can bring some to try in addition to Thorite if anyone wants to take a shot at it. I might practice a little on Saturday first.