• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Picasso Clowns at Aqua Oceans

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Edward771 said:
Why doesn't Aqua Oceans sponsor the club?

The guy is very anti-club. We have a lot of members walking in there and he doesn't seem to care. Anytime I mention the club to him he rolls his eyes and seems to get annoyed. Trust me, I like Steve and I like his store (read any of my previous reviews), I even recommended him to a few newbies that I know. That being said, I doubt he will ever become a sponsor. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll ever change his tune.

John, not true I was talking to him tonight and he is interested in doing something, I talked him into donating to the club and getting a banner add posted. It's a start, as far as discounts he said his prices are allready low and it will be tough but he did say he could do specials and stuff like that for the club.

I also found out why he was a little turned off by the club at first, it seems about a year or so ago 2 members, don't know who, went into his store saying he should become a sponsor, he then asked what it intailed and was told he had to give discounts on corals up to 30% and discounts on dry goods, also if he didn't become a sponsor no one from the club would shop there, Steve said they were real pushy and to him seemed like extortion... all he remembers it was 2 tall guy's with black jackets...LOL

I told him that the club doesn't operate like that and all the club asks for is a donation for banner adds and anything beyond that would be totally up to him. So I'm sure he will become a sponsor in the near future. If you want I can get the donation from him and then pass it along to you.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents... ;D I went in there about 10 years ago to buy some fish and was turned of by Steve so I never returned. I have seen some posts on here and decided a couple of weeks ago to go back and give him a chance to redeem himself....Since then I have been there a couple times a week. I have even sent other hobbyists. Steve has very good prices and if after a delivery a fish has yet to eat, he will not sell it. Today I called Steve to see if he had any clams left. Steve replied that he had two. Upon my arrival Steve apologized that he would only be able to offer me one. The other clam was not open all the way and he was not quite sure as to why. Any other LFS would have still offered both for sale. KUDOS to AO

A few things to consider,Steve has been around for almost 25 years.I've been going there on and off for about 10 years.He has been around before the internet boom and the formation of clubs.If the economy continues to worsen, Steves store with his low overhead,great prices and customer service could be one of the last stores standing.I think it's great if he decides to sponser the club,but I would also like to think we would need him more than he would need us.I was in there one day last year when one guy was berating him about the price of a fish that I thought was very competitive.People seem to forget that he is running a business because he is a nice guy and takes time to talk to people.-----Ralph

Going back to the original post, when we were at OGII the other day, they had a bunch of pairs both grade a and b. We ended up picking up a single grade b.

junk said:
Going back to the original post, when we were at OGII the other day, they had a bunch of pairs both grade a and b. We ended up picking up a single grade b.
going back to the original post.......... IT SAYS.....PICASSO CLOWNS AT AQUA OCEANS. Steve sells the grade B for $60.00

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I picked up the last grade a he had. Great purchase, he fed them in front of me and has been alive and perky since we bought him. The store doesn't look like much but they have great fish.

Also, I told him I had found his store through this forum and he said he was putting up a banner ad on this site.