• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pnoy's Cube

I am continuing what Steve( sgarron) built for himself. This will hopefully come to this month as I always wanted a cube myself.I am also getting it ready so when my 3rd one comes and I really dont have much time to continue my 180g , I will have this to house all my prize corals . I don't want to quit the hobby as I enjoy it a lot , I will be updating this thread as much as I can to show progression . I have MikeM and Ralph ( camz) coming this weekend to work on it. I will post pics of it as well..

Tank Specs
30x30x24 Cube ( custom built by Sgarron)
Standand Canopy ( custom built by Sgarron)
1x400 w Radium on a Lumenarc III with Lumantek ballast
2x24w T5 ATI B+ on Workhorse ballast
Eheim 1262 Return pump
2x6085 Tunze stream2 pump
Bubbleking Mini 180
70lbs of Caribsea Argonite Live Sand
90lbs Marco Rocks
55G Sump ( custom made by Psychographic)
ATO JBJ top off
Deltec KM500 Kalk Reactor
Deltec PF601 Calcium reactor (rowaphos)

Future plans to add:

Controller ( either RKE or Profilux)

Wow, not messing around with the equipment you are putting on that tank.

Oh how children change our lives. At least your staying in it, and you will just have to wait a few years and then get into big again.

Cube will be nice, looking forward to seeing it.

You also have some great help coming. Two really great guys!

ReeferNets said:
I cant wait to see this going on. Good luck Steve.

Awsome tank i saw it in person.

Thanks man .. The whole set up is nicely done by Steve..

JRod said:
Wow, not messing around with the equipment you are putting on that tank.

Oh how children change our lives. At least your staying in it, and you will just have to wait a few years and then get into big again.

Cube will be nice, looking forward to seeing it.

You also have some great help coming. Two really great guys!

Joe,
Yes it does change my routine at night :D... Also my buying Frag addiction . :D

I try to put a nice equipment on this one and learned my lesson on my 180 that half of my equipment didn't do the job its suppose to by trying to save couple hundreds...

Yes both of them are really a great guy.. MikeM is also present and helped me with my tank addiction lol

Update :

I picked up some sand from Ocean Gallery 40lbs of Caribsea Flor Reef Sand and 20lbs of Live Caribsea sand.

Tunze Stream 2 on the way today as well...

thanks

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The regular CaribSea is a fine enough grade to get moved around quite a bit. Do you plan on having that under the Flor Reef? Our sand is just about annoying and there isn't any in the center of our tank...

The size on both sand is 1.0-2.0mm. Its not the sugarcane one. I think I posted worng . Both of them are the same but the 20lbs is live and the 40lbs is dry. I try to look in the bag for the grain size but it doesn't tell you and I just go with the caribsea website to confirm.

Ok I got the Tunze stream2 yesterday and hopefully it doesn't create Havoc in my tank ...

Also what kind of heater do you guys suggest?...

Stock plans in the future:

-Mostly all SPS on the top and sides of the rockwork
-All my sandbed will be covered with Rics, aussie acans, and Chalices.
- Fish - Mostly wrasses and maybe a picasso grade A clown.

thanks will update more as we go along

This will be one heck of a gorgeous setup, Steve.

Remember, I'm slow, so go ahead and crack up laughing, but you're not breaking down your 180, are you?

JerseyWendy said:
This will be one heck of a gorgeous setup, Steve.

Remember, I'm slow, so go ahead and crack up laughing, but you're not breaking down your 180, are you?

Wendy - Thats really my goal to create an amazing cube.( I will try my best) I got MikeM and Ralph coming tomorrow so for sure they will give me their best input and design for the tank...

- I will slowly tear the 180 apart. I will do it in a slow fashion since I have 3 1/2 months before my other Baby girl comes out.

Steve, Sgarron should be building tanks for a living that thing was A quality.

All i have to say is
4dcf6613.jpg

LOL

ReeferNets said:
Steve, Sgarron should be building tanks for a living that thing was A quality.

All i have to say is
4dcf6613.jpg

LOL

patience grasshoppa!.. You know me that I love to snap some pics. Give me some time but for sure tomorrow I will have pics of Ralph and MikeM ;D

First of all,Me and my whole family wanted to thank MikeM, Camz28 ( Ralph ) and Deadcpu ( Oliver) for making time to make this cube happen. Mike and Oliver did a tremendous job on running an electrical and not only one outlet but they made 3 more with it ( In case I will have the basement done in the future) . Mike is outstanding with his woodwork skills and it looks like nothing happens to the rip door that for once my wife ask me quitely on the side ( Why happen to the door? lol ). Ralph did the plumbing of the tank and he did an awesome job for a short period of time. Oliver being and electrical engineer helped with the whole wiring and making sure that everything is working.

I wanted to thank you all for the time and hardwork you have invested in this Cube. I am blessed and lucky to have friends like you guys that always there to help when needed. Thank you so much..

The cube will be up tomorrow with some water and hopefully aquascaping it. I took pictures today and hopefully when I get a chance I will post it tonight or maybe early morning...

Thank you Mike, Ralph and Oliver...

Today was a busy day and a bit tired myself. Cube is almost 80% running. 3 of my friends came to help to bring this cube up and running. We had to rip the doors apart since the clearance is only 30 and the stand is about 34 width. Also MikeM and Deadcpu run electrical/ outlet going to the basement. They were so good and generous that made 4 outlet in total so incase I will get the basement done in the future. While both MikeM and deadcpu working on electrical Me and Camz28 put the stand back and did the plumbing. Everything came out perfect and This is will be the start of this cube without those 3 people I mentioned above. They went beyond expected and it was really a learning process. The total hrs of job today was 9-6pm .

Here are some pics

Garage pic of the cube with my lovely daughter
003-11.jpg

Bk Mini
004-11.jpg

Dismatling the Stand
006-7.jpg

Running Electrical outlet
019-5.jpg

014-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

Stand finally made it!
009-4.jpg

Cube with sand
011-8.jpg

012-7.jpg

015-6.jpg

Bonus Shot a 240G 3 sided stapphire that I have since feb 08 and its growing webb lol
010-8.jpg

I will update this tomorrow with pics of cube up and running... Thanks

Steve tank looks kool I hae one of them that I gave to a freind until he has the time and money to upgrade. There a awesome sized lil cube. I was gonna make it into a seahorse pipefish tank w/ rics and yumas , well one day ti will be for that lol

nyfireman3097 said:
Steve tank looks kool I hae one of them that I gave to a freind until he has the time and money to upgrade. There a awesome sized lil cube. I was gonna make it into a seahorse pipefish tank w/ rics and yumas , well one day ti will be for that lol

Thanks Nick. Yes its a nice little cube and hopefully make it to one of the smallest amazing cube out there. thanks

Phyl said:
Thanks Phyl..
Great progress, Steve!

Well today I took a day off and hopefully by late afternoon I will have pics of everything running.

plans for today:

Hook up the Ca Reactor
Aquascape
Fill the tank

Pics as of this morning

002-14.jpg

003-12.jpg

006-8.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]