• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Poll on LEDS

Lets have some fun! So here it is. What LED are you using and do you like them?

• Blueline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EcoTech Marine Radion

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Acan Lighting

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Aqua Illumination

• Maxspect LEDs

• Cheap China LED

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • other

• Total voters

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Maxpsect Mazarra's and yes I am happy with them. I was also happy with my AI Sol Blues

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have not made the jump to LED. I like the color that my ATI T5 fixture puts out. I do wish I had the shimmer of MH and LED give off. I am thinking of making the switch to LED but my tank is 72" long and 36" deep. So I will need some high Par LED that will not brake the bank.

I have the AI Vegas and love them. But you would need 3-4 units to cover your tank. Not sure if your willing to spend that. I did get a great deal on one of my units buying it used.

At that price I would suggest paying the extra $50-70 and go with phathoms like sunny has.. Just the customer service alone is worth the extra money. And if you are getting multiple units you may be able to get a better deal.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
At that price I would suggest paying the extra $50-70 and go with phathoms like sunny has.. Just the customer service alone is worth the extra money. And if you are getting multiple units you may be able to get a better deal.

I think he has Fathom LED

I've got three eShine, 48 X 3W Bridgelux dimmable fixtures, just 24 x 12,000K white and 24 x 455 nm RB. I've had these for just about a year, so far so good.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I am currently using a Chinese Full Spectrum LED Fixture on top of my Frag Tank. I was suppose to use them on the 90 but that never happened. I bought two for $350 off ebay, doing wonders for colors and growth on all my corals since I had them. The Cherry Charms that I won at Darrens are finally getting in the colors you would expect from it.

$T2eC16R,!y8E9s2fjLJ9BQ7svqQyl!~~60_57.JPG

I am considering a different route for my new build though, I will either go with the same fixture or probably AI Vegas or Kessils A360W.

Im using AI sol blues. I was quite unhappy with the color of my corals until I added UV and RED to them now everything is starting to color up again.

to me 1 AI sol+2UV +1 red makes a great light

Dan, how about AI sols. With some T5's for added color. They are supposed to pack a punch and tons of people are selling them now.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Dan, how about AI sols. With some T5's for added color. They are supposed to pack a punch and tons of people are selling them now.

Im wondering too, why there was a sudden explosion of AI Sols in the market

Because some people are upgrading to AI Vega's;)

Btw, AI's w/ t5 supplement are awesome, that's what I currently run on my 180g.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I think with the vegas, radion new fixture and the others coming out is why the Sol Blues are selling. They are amazing fixtures, and you can upgrade them to vegas if you want.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I do LED I do it with out T5. I think the newer LED fixtures with the added colors might work better with color spectrum and saturation. If I have to buy T5 bulbs with LED I will just stay with T5.

If I do LED I do it with out T5. I think the newer LED fixtures with the added colors might work better with color spectrum and saturation. If I have to buy T5 bulbs with LED I will just stay with T5.

I replaced my 3 mh 250w pendants w/ 3 AI sol blue fixtures. Saved myself 500w of power usage. I had t5's already, so I use them. Also my tank is wide, so having t5's gives me much better coverage.

Mine are from reefbreeders, multi color spectrum and programmable. Reasons.....1) cost, 2) programmable, 3) corals are growing absolutely fine and the colors look great. I know people talk lighting like they do high end cars, but light wavelength and photons are the same no matter what the emitter! Right now technology is in the infancy ( cell phones the size of lunch pails). In a few years you and I will be amazed at what comes with your LEDs.