• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Poll on LEDS

Lets have some fun! So here it is. What LED are you using and do you like them?

• Blueline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EcoTech Marine Radion

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Acan Lighting

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Aqua Illumination

• Maxspect LEDs

• Cheap China LED

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • other

• Total voters
Gen 1 Radions. I love the endless amount of functions with them and the controlability. The color spectrium is awesome as well. I like how people complain about how expensive they are but everybody buys the mp40's. IMO anything can push water around however you can't just use any lighting to grow coral.

LOL then again I don't have Vortech's in my system. I can't see spending $900 to push some water

However I did just order a wp40

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Over the 90 I have two old school Apollo’s….non-dimable.

Over the JBJ-28 a “Chinese” fixture just like the Reefbreeder or the the Evergrow 120d. The only thing I can say is that these new Chinese fixtures are not the fixtures of the past. My biggest complaint about older Chinese fixtures was the lack of aluminum cooling fins. The early models had no aluminum. This new fixture has more aluminum than the Apollo’s I have. Also, now controllable, choice of optics, “full” spectrum….I’m very happy. $179 for manual dimming; $305 for fully controllable (with it’s own controller)….good stuff. Here’s a shot of the aluminum through the slits in the side:

AluminumCoolingFins_zps3d7b80c6.jpg

JBJ unibody 54w over my nano. I really like the sleek clean look. For my new tank I'm now debating between Kessil A360w or maybe holding out for the JBJ unibody 108 which comes with wireless control, hmmm

I have fathom led the name is now fathom Hydra series
I love them they are awesome lights
Customer service is best one can find

Last edited:

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If anyone would like to post photos of there tank lit with LEDs show them off.

R&R Aquatics

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
We have 2 AI's over one frag tank and 2 Fathom leds over another frag and we are very pleased with the look and growth of corals with both fixtures!

I have the panorama pro 24". It's doesn't get rave reviews nor does it have any bells and whistles. But it is dimable and fits my tank well (54 gal corner). My corals are growing well and the tank looks very good. I keep the blue lights at 80% and the white at 30%. Sometimes I think I'm the only one that ever bought this fixture. I'm not about to replace it after spending $500 with the mount. But am intrigued by reviews on some of the other products out there.