• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Possible club trip - The where? poll

Where do you want to go

• Dr. Mac's (Pacific East Aquaculture)

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • LI Aquarium (Hopefully with a small behind the scenes tour )

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Camden Aquarium (again with possible behind the scenes tour)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other - please comment in the thread

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where would everybody want to go? I'll put up a poll for the ideas mentioned already & then have an Other for people who want to vote for something else.

More than likely we wont be able to get a bus trip unless everybody wants to for out a decent chunk of change, but it's still a possibility.

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Pacific East and Long Island Aquarium sound awesome

Camden Aquarium - I did a backstage tour for the turtles and it was really cool. They actually have 1 or 2 small coral tanks with nice LPS colonies. The younger marine biologist giving the tour said that the marine biologist that does the coral tanks has a facility for corals propgation and sales. Maybe someone knows who that is?

I would like to go to the Long Island Aquarium, especially if there was a behind the scene tour.

On August 1st, I mentioned that with 2 weeks notice, Jenkinson's Aquarium in Point pleasant could arrange a behind the scenes tour with one of their aquarists. They offer others as well. The cost $15. I asked if anyone would like to go. A few people suggested that this could be a monthly meeting and would allow more people to attend. Marc C even suggested the possibility of a small BBQ at his house (Brick) to go along with it. As I am fairly new to this club, I don't know the process for determining monthly meetings goes, so I am bringing it up here as I didn't see it as one of the choices.

http://www.njreefers.org/threads/behind-the-scenes-tour-of-jenkinsens-aquarium.93469/#post-813245

bump. I'll close this poll at the end of next week. Then I'll post up a "when" poll as long as we have a winner here. Right now DR. Mac & LI Aquarium are neck & neck

Last edited: