• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Posting my tank build (if anyone cares)

Started my new tank in wall. had to remove the laundry room first and relocate it to the other side of the basement ( due that the wood stove is on that side)

Ok here is where the build is on the 25th of march. moved the 55 gallon and replaced it with a 30 gallon just to keep my little babies alive till the big tank is done. Anyone need a 55 I need a 90 or 100 gallon for the sump build. oh Im building my own skimmer using the becket design.

i went through this same process last month. i built a 180g in-wall tank too. lots of work, but def worth it!

looks great!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How did you get the washer and dryer mounted on the wall? Talk about defying gravity! ;D

Tank is coming along nicely, good luck!

malulu

NJRC Member
great progress - just one question, are you going to do something with the door? it seems awful closed to the tank, if the door knob ever hitting the tank's glass, won't be a good sight...
;)

index.php

Malulu I did raise the tank just enuf to clear the tank. I happen to have a teenager in that room and I thought of that very thing. Mad teenager = broken tank. He did say he hope I go threw all this and put water in it,and it leaks I said thanks alot. Kids.

thanks for your honesty Phil LOL.

right now Im finishing the wood work for the room. Im also looking for some acrylic to build a sump and tube to build a skimmer. Im gonna try to DIY some of the equipment. I found some good builds I can copy.

malulu

NJRC Member
yeah, i live on the street right before the BurgerKing (the one close to the Shogun Japanese restaurant)

welcome to stop by to see my setup...
let me know...
;)

Lord Viper said:
Malulu just fyi I live in clinton NJ and work in Scotch plains see your in green brook