• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Posting my tank build (if anyone cares)

ok i was able to get the blade and a router blade. dont think im routering so well I spent some extra loot for nada. Didn't get the glue yet so im cutting all of the plexi and will glue it in a few days. have to pay the pesky light bill first so no money for glue. oh did I mention I'm not rich LOL

Here is the sump cut and taped together for now. Oh this stuff is sharp i have the cuts to prove it wear gloves. i will be sanding the edges so I dont cut my arm pits cleaning it. This will be bullet proof when its all done.

malulu

NJRC Member
wow!! holly smoke! cool sump!

just one question, it seems all the baffles are the same height? don't think it would be like this when done, right?
;)

The sumps not glued yet hence the wrong hight on the center baffle. When its glued I will raise it. It weights a ton though. figured it would stop some vibration and I will be installing it on rubber gym floor mat i got from a gym going out of business. I might make a refug out of what I have left.

I clicked on your link and it opened to a broken sheet of tempered glass :eek: made me laugh out loud for real. that looks like a real cool idea Im also going to be doing the same overflow design I.E. california over flow centered in the tank. Have to get the acylic for that dont think ill use the 3/4" :)

I dont think I have room to the side for external pumps.. can they be mounted above the sump instead of beside the sump. this thing will fill the area under the display with about 4 inches to spare what about to the side that might work. Im making an L shape out of this and the Refug.

Got my acrylic for my skimmer dyi today (here goes nothing ;D.

i am far from an expert on the subject of pumps, but i dont think they can be mounted above unless they are self priming. in other words, they water to start pumping. i think there are self priming pumps that would be able to 'suck' the water up, but i am not sure. i had originally planned on using an external pump with my sump, but the sump cracked while i was attaching the pump to the bulk head. at that point i decided to just use submersible pumps. i dont think you are going to be able to fit an external pump in a 4' area. good luck, lets us know what you decide to do.

well ricwilli I was thinking in the sump to save space the sump will be side to side so no room for external. as soon as I recieve the glue I will post it installed under the tank. Bobb

well heres the primer on the surround for the tank. working on equipment want to do this once not buy this and then buy that. anyone have a tank I could buy for a curing tank for live rock let me know. Thanks Bobb

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Bobb,
Your tank setup is really coming along.

Hope your wife is a little happier now that it is looking good. ;)

Remember, compromise, you show interest in her birds and maybe she will get interested in your fish. ;D

Good meeting you yesterday,
Erna

malulu

NJRC Member
otherwise, she might train her bird to PICK on your expensive fishes...
;D
momof6kids said:
Remember, compromise, you show interest in her birds and maybe she will get interested in your fish. ;D

Lord Viper said:
well heres the primer on the surround for the tank. working on equipment want to do this once not buy this and then buy that. anyone have a tank I could buy for a curing tank for live rock let me know. Thanks Bobb

Bobb

The tank looks great! It'll look even better painted.

What size tank do you need to cure the rock? And, how long do you think you'll need it for? I have a 100g Rubbermaid you can use.

It was great to meet you and everyone on Sunday :)

I live in Lebanon I have the glue ordered so as soon as it shows up its back to the sump. RichT told me I should router the joints. I have a router but Im never happy with the work I do with it. Bobb