• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Posting my tank build (if anyone cares)

malulu

NJRC Member
if you have LOW general water hardness (~5) (or low TDS ~80)... you could get the Cati-Ani unit, it have very fast RO/DI (~12 gals-per-hour)!!

if you have higher something like me (GH ~30) and (TDS 500+) - it is quite annoying to re-charge must more often ( < 200 gals).

I did see that Cati ani system at your house. But already bought the RO system and it was new at the time. do need to get a TDS monitor, been doing with out it for the 35 but will have to get on for the big tank.I want to do the set up in another room and pump it over for water changes. I have to go about 25 ft what size pump do you think I should get to pump up bout 8 ft then the rest is flat. Bobb

malulu

NJRC Member
since these are R/O fresh water, it don't need any expensive pump, i think some cheap pond pump in home depot ~$40 or so with small tube like 1/8" or 1/4" would do just fine.

also do not miss the group buy this month from Air-Water-Ice for TDS meter...
;-)

Here some pic's of the slow go on my tank. Sorry I build withOUT the sue of credit cards so it's just my funds NO interest to be had so it takes me a little longer. (Thank you Dave Ramsey) any way here are my pic's

Im on a different plain then everyone else I thought you knew that. I've got 55 gallons of RO time for barrel #2 thanks GEcko It;s taking forever but it should be worth it. Seeing all your beautiful tanks on this site. and I brught my wife to phyls during the metting and showed her Im not the only nut out there (sorry phyl)

Well guys and dolls Picked up some live rock on saturday (TY BAX) may have to get more Bax :) and live sand on sunday (for free) and now Im officially up and running. been going for only two days but all is well no leak's (knock on wood). seems smooth. And I am Happy as a clam. as soon as I get cycled I will start stocking and will post the pick's thanks for the encouragement from you all. I have only one little clown fish and cant wait to show him his new home. I need my nerve's to calm down, that's a lot of water. then woke up this morning and the submersible pump for the laundry room died well can't win em all, Bobb

Not much to see but an empty tank no goodies yet. as soon as I get moving I will post my butt off. I have a weird thing happening my tank was running smooth and now it is like pulsing threw the returns and it makes like a bubbling flow instead of nice and smooth the only thing that changed is the temp went up 10 degrees. levels are all fine and the dorsos are working great. anybody have anything on this?

Check you pump inlet. It may be clogged with something. Or it could be pulling air on the intake side cuasing cavitation. Sounds like the pump is struggling, that will add lots of heat fast. It seems too early to be Ca build up on the pump impeller.

Im sorry it's the returns to the sump not the display Bax. Pump seems fine it's just mixing air some how in the return pipes. I can see it because there is a clear pipe right after a 90.

I scrolled back but did not see pics of how your overflows are set up. Are you useing Durso style? What diameter is the pipe?

1" pipe I have to take a pic of the durso's but here are others of it FINALLY running little cloudy yet have to get that piece of LR in the display yet just added the sand.

Here is the Durso and the filter sock with bubbles added LOL My levels are a little high just added the sand, 100 lbs will do that.

Your running a Dart return pump, with three 1" dursos right? Can you throtle it down a little and see if that helps?

I will try that. This thing is fussy and I don't have a handle on it yet with the tuning and it keeps changing because I keep adding more stuff like sand and what not. I might be part of the problem what do you think? My return is 2.5 in pipe maybe its too big?