• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

purple tangs $150 08731

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to get some purple tangs. i will pass them along to club members at my cost (not making a dollar here- just passing along a deal that i got), thats $150.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I lucked out when i picked up mine a year ago. Was small and$100. Ended up getting it for $60. Sat to long in store.

I lucked out when i picked up mine a year ago. Was small and$100. Ended up getting it for $60. Sat to long in store.
last purple tang I bought was $70. this is what they are now. why? idk but I got a "deal" at 150. I guess that's what's going on. just looked on tsm, yellow tangs $400! minimum order $250, free shipping $500. WOW! love what Matt is doing and have absolute confidence in him but this is where we are now.

Crazy that purples are cheaper than yellows in a lot of places now. FWIW, Absolutely Fish still has yellows at $150. And last weekend Sea Level still had them at $100 and Ocean Gallery at $120. Get em before they hit LA pricing!

They don't sell fish through their website anymore. The reason they told me was because they were getting heat from their distributors and other stores for selling too cheap. Not sure if that's the case or not, but their new policy is that they don't post fish and won't even tell you the prices over the phone. But I've been up there a couple times in the last several months and they had the purples for those prices. Also had gem tangs at $250 a couple months back.

NYAquatic has the purples on their website for $99. And he'll ship with a 14 day guarantee if you need it.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
none on their webpage. is someone going out there soon?

Their fish sell too fast. So they are no longer uploading fish inventory. You have to go to the store
To see what they have. They have a new store. They moved from the old location.

When I drove up to him he had purple tangs for $75 . But I didn’t want anymore tangs.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
They don't sell fish through their website anymore. The reason they told me was because they were getting heat from their distributors and other stores for selling too cheap. Not sure if that's the case or not, but their new policy is that they don't post fish and won't even tell you the prices over the phone. But I've been up there a couple times in the last several months and they had the purples for those prices. Also had gem tangs at $250 a couple months back.

NYAquatic has the purples on their website for $99. And he'll ship with a 14 day guarantee if you need it.
If competitors are giving him crap for selling at that price. Imagine their markup/profit at the higher price. I won't shop at places with that high of a markup.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I emailed ny aquatics. just waiting to hear back before I get my order in. anyone near 08731 want to order something and split shipping?
Have you ordered from there? How are their fish? I’d be interested in splitting shipping. When are you ordering, I’m just worried about the incoming weather.

Have you ordered from there? How are their fish? I’d be interested in splitting shipping. When are you ordering, I’m just worried about the incoming weather.
I've never ordered but they do have the 14 day guarantee. my plan was to do a pick up at fed ex instead of deliver to my house cause fed ex ain't no good around here. packages consistently not delivered but marked delivered and also left at wrong houses all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.