• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

purple tangs $150 08731

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
FedEx is the worst. I deal with them every day and unfortunately they’re the cheapest carrier so we have a contract with them. When are you looking to order? Like I mentioned, with the storm coming I’d be hesitant to order in the next few days. I have no problem picking up in Lakewood.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
FedEx is the worst. I deal with them every day and unfortunately they’re the cheapest carrier so we have a contract with them. When are you looking to order? Like I mentioned, with the storm coming I’d be hesitant to order in the next few days. I have no problem picking up in Lakewood.
Agree.
When my son had snakes they delayed shipping. Woman at FedEx was a bitch even though I explained it was a living thing. Kept calling back and got a guy who told was being sent to Eatontown and will be held there. Told him not to deliver would pickup. He was very nice and helpful. Made it there just before closing but was close.

haven't ordered yet. I emailed them to see if they will hold fish for a week or so. also to ask about if they run copper etc

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Agree.
When my son had snakes they delayed shipping. Woman at FedEx was a bitch even though I explained it was a living thing. Kept calling back and got a guy who told was being sent to Eatontown and will be held there. Told him not to deliver would pickup. He was very nice and helpful. Made it there just before closing but was close.
Glad it worked out for you. They do think they’re the only carrier and can treat clients any way they want

Let me know what you find out. I may split shipping with you. I’m in Jackson.
he can hold up to a week. he is running .5 copper and treats with prazi as well. idk if that means 1 or 2 prazi treatments but at least 1. i will shoot you emails

order is going in to nyaquatics at 12 today. if anyone else wants to get in. delivery will probably be at fed ex in Lakewood otherwise you can pick up in 08731.

FYI, just noticed that NYAquatic posted this for today:

TODAY ONLY
Save 15% sitewide
promo code snowday

Maybe you can call and ask him if he can credit it back to you.

Yeah, he normally does. I had a time where I ordered something a few days in advance for pickup on a Sunday. By Friday he was running a sale and I asked him if he could apply that to my order. It was no problem.

yeah i saw some bad reviews online but i just brushed it off. i emailed him asking about his treatment and it seemed pretty straight forward. i'll have my qt running to match his tanks and take it from there

Just wondering how your order turned out. Hopefully you got the discount and the fish got to you OK with the disaster of last week. I had a couple coral orders that got delayed for 2 days by FedEx. Wound up left with a few bags of melted brown yuma goo. Just glad it wasn't fish!

Also I was up at Advanced Marine Aquatics in Albertson, NY yesterday. Awesome store with great prices. They had purple tangs for $119. Also had trochus snails, which for some reason haven't been the easiest to find recently. Worth the trip if anyone's ever up in that area.

Just wondering how your order turned out. Hopefully you got the discount and the fish got to you OK with the disaster of last week. I had a couple coral orders that got delayed for 2 days by FedEx. Wound up left with a few bags of melted brown yuma goo. Just glad it wasn't fish!

Also I was up at Advanced Marine Aquatics in Albertson, NY yesterday. Awesome store with great prices. They had purple tangs for $119. Also had trochus snails, which for some reason haven't been the easiest to find recently. Worth the trip if anyone's ever up in that area.
I think it went well for everyone. we did a hold at fed ex cause they are notorious for disasters in my area. we also did get the discount, retailer was very accommodating. everything arrived alive. I picked up 2 purple tangs, 1 freckled face tang and a hippo. I've got a uv light in there and copper is about up to 1.0.

20210206_143047.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.