• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAFFLE FRAGS DONATIONS gone wrong

C

concept3

I just acquired these tonight........ they are drip acclimating in a bucket right now. I posted these up for a "head count"....

normal_P7020178.JPG

normal_P7020179.JPG

normal_P7020180.JPG

normal_P7020181.JPG

Here's the FRAGTANK I'll be holding them in....these are mine!!! LOL
normal_P7020175.JPG

C

concept3

Re:RAFFLE FRAGS

It's 3AM and I'm putting numbers on frags............. I gotta get some sleep. I numbered the frags so it's easier to keep track of, and besides, some of them were "raw" frags, I figure I'd mount them so they can start growing rather than roll around on the bottom of my frag tank.

normal_P7020197.JPG

normal_P7020195.JPG

normal_P7020194.JPG

normal_P7020193.JPG

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Hey Merv! Thanks for picking those frags up and keeping them safe in your frag tank where they've belonged from jump. Hopefully those grow out lights will be just what the Dr ordered and they'll be thriving in no time.

We will move forward. This little setback will make us smarter and stronger.

Thanks again. Were you really posting those pictures at 3 AM in the MORNING?!

C

concept3

That's what it says!!! 3:28:25 am

I'm working on throwing up closeup pics from my Nikon right now. The former pics were taken with the Olympus camera.

C

concept3

two%20frags%20on%20one%20nana%20maybe.jpg

zoos%20on%20dying%20brain.jpg

unknown%20frag%20maybe%20nana.jpg

rics.jpg

purple%20frag%20maybe%20nana.jpg

pink%20pocillopora%20maybe.jpg

blasto1.jpg

blasto2.jpg

It's 1:45 am and I have to work tomorrow....I'm done for the night.

C

concept3

All 8 frags accounted for. Unfortunately, this is all that I received.

3 frags of purple nana (?)
2 frags of blasto?
1 teeny colony of Pink pocillopra?
1 hunk of semi-dead brain coral with Zoos
1 4" X 2" piece of rock with 1 1/2 ricordea on it and some Zoos

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

The pictures contained herein are not for the faint of heart. Please don't scroll down if you don't have a solid stomach.

Blasto colony given to Kevin for the benefit of the club (original had lost 60% of soft tissue, but it was starting to recover):
blasto.jpg

Blue Center Blasto (note the maxijet 1200 in the back along with the chromis) Keith kept approximately 15% yes, fifteen percent, of this colony:
blasts_with_blue_center.jpg

Blue Milli & Blue tip acro frags:
blue_milli_and_blue_tip_acro_frags.jpg

Brain with green zoos:
brain_with_green_zoos.jpg

Half pink birds nest & frag of blue SPS shown here:
Pink_birdnest_and_blue_sps.jpg

Merv's Table (clearly communicated as being for Merv, Kevin professed frienship when he took this)
mervs_table.jpg

Orange Digi (a frag from this colony)
orange_digi.jpg

Peach Milli (THREE of these)
peach_milli.jpg

Pink Milli Merv Frag (two frags from this)
pink_milli_merv_frag.jpg

Pink/Orange Rics (anyone price a pink ric lately? 140$+)
pink_orange_rics.jpg

Pink SPS Frag (one of these two)
pink_sps_frag.jpg

Purple Tip Frag (frag from colony)
purple_tip_frag.jpg

Ricordia rock with 15 polyps. This rock used to have zoos on it as pictured but has since become covered with Rics (Kevin returned just the top 1/10th of this rock):
rics_large_rock.jpg

18 colonies and frags of which we got 8 frags.

C

concept3

BEFORE
brain_with_green_zoos.jpg

AFTER
normal_P7020195.JPG

what a shame............. :(

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Man......its really starting to eerk me that this guy may just fade away after doing this. :mad:

wow, that sux. I have some blasto and Pink ric, maybe ill donate some later when they grow.

By the way y are pink rics becoming so expensive? I have one that i bought a WHILE ago for about 30$, now your saying there going for 140+? wow. Ive already gave one clone from mine away, and i think it's splitting again.

Touch.

anyone every here of Jim Fitz in North jersey, Underground Reef i think it's called, well i got my pink ric from him a WHILE ago for about 30$ might want to check him out.

Touch.

C

concept3

AND NOW THE GOOD NEWS:

The corals have made a comeback.  It took a lot of TLC for the corals, but they are very well alive and kicking.
Those teensy frags have encrusted onto their plugs as well.
I took the liberty of taking 2 pics of the frags in the frag tank, and I think they may be ready by the August meeting
to be raffled off, pending the board of course.....

normal_P8050080.JPG

normal_P8050081.JPG

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good job nursing them back to health! The progress that the brain has made is just amazing.

Thanks, Merv!