• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAFFLE FRAGS DONATIONS gone wrong

C

concept3

BEFORE
brain_with_green_zoos.jpg

AFTER
normal_P7020195.JPG

RIGHT NOW
normal_P8050080.JPG

I'm starting to get the hang of this coral rescue bit.  Who knows, in a month or two, I may even be able to frag it, LOL
Just kiddin!

This has to be the most demanding coral that I have. Ya gotta feed it at night! That's pretty much my secret to its comeback. I would spot feed the darn thing with an airline tube filled with remnants of "Formula A, mysis shrimp and brine shrimp cubes" It seemed to open up everytime I fed the main tank with the frozen stuff, so i was like, what the heck, feed the brain!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Like I said, she may be ready to be raffled soon!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I never in a million years would have guessed that it would have come back from that after picture. Wow.

C

concept3

Can I strategically pick the zoos off this thing? If I did, it may come back to its full glory :) Just a thought.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would absolutely do that. Maybe the zoos can be strategically relocated :) if not I think the brain is worth the save.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was going to suggest that same thing. A sacrifice of the zoo's IMO would be acceptable if they couldn't be removed unharmed.

C

concept3

will be picking off zoos tonight then, el presidenta!  I will then commence on finding a rock for them to spread their wings and grow.....  now if I can only figure out how to attach softies to a rock....

SPS no problem, Zoos.........  not so easy.

:) :) :) Hi to you all....i try to check ,as often as i can on the NJR site.....i'm new here.. bumperbob put in a lot of effort ,to help me with my pc problems and to get directions to the mtg @ nagles.... which i missed....( dang - it ).... these pics are AWSOME .....! i have never got to see a decline of a coral..... and... to see it make a great come back....! again thanks.... cw.

Use a jar with pea sized gravel in it, place the zoas in there and they will attach to the gravel then they can be glued to a rock. Use rubber gloves, they are nasty little buggers. Keep the jar in the front of your tank, but I think you could have figured that out.
Mike.

C

concept3

I can't believe the Brain is leaving to be raffled off on Sunday. He's fully recovered now!

So bumping the thread...... I will miss this softy.....umm I mean, **cough cough** Good riddance! :)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Send some bux up with Rich for the raffle ticket and you too can be the proud owner of a brain! And btw, it is an LPS my friend! Softie! Talk to Nagel about those!!

Softy Merv? SOFTY? How dare you call and LPS a softy...

sheesh! I should have expected as much from an SPS loving Stickhead!

LOL

C

concept3

They're all the same to me in my hands...they're soft and mushy and slimy and *yuck* taste bad..... ha ha ha ha ha

OK OK Large Polyped Stony and True Softy..... I get the idea.

I like being a SPSCSH!

C

concept3

BEFORE
brain_with_green_zoos.jpg

AFTER
normal_P7020195.JPG

A few months ago
normal_P8050080.JPG

TONIGHT: 10-11-05
brain1.jpg

brain2.jpg

If you notice, there are now 2 brains on this baby. Apparently, the stress during the past months made it separate, and now, VOILA! 2 brains for the price of ONE winning RAFFLE TICKET!.......... Oh the history to this baby!

Feeding the brain for fast recovery..........she will be missed!!!
brain3.jpg

brain4.jpg

nothing short of miraculous man

that is truly amazing..

you SHOULD post a series of pics of the recovery process and details on it bro..

C

concept3

nagel said:
you SHOULD post a series of pics of the recovery process and details on it bro..

Noted! I'll start a nice little thread on RC and here. Will be up hopefully by 4pm. I'm a sucker for pics did you notice?!?!

Re:RAFFLE FRAGS

Pretty slimmy of the guy. He should be made to pay for the loses. If the club is incorporated there may be some recourse. He could face criminal charges. If he does not pay someone should look into it...

-Alfred

concept3 said:
All 8 frags accounted for.  Unfortunately, this is all that I received.  

3    frags of purple nana (?)
2    frags of blasto?
1    teeny colony of Pink pocillopra?
1    hunk of semi-dead brain coral with Zoos
1    4" X 2" piece of rock with 1 1/2 ricordea on it and some Zoos

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We learned a lot going through that whole fiasco and I believe that as hard as the lesson was, we're better for it today. We're all more in tune, more aware. More careful.

We considered our options of pursuing this in court at the time but decided that the pain of the fight wouldn't be worth any possible gain that we would realize.

Today the club IS incorporated (we achieved that in December) and we're fast on our way to non-profit. We'll continue to look forward to the future and to all the great things this wonderful group of people have to offer.

Ya know... if you really think about it, he has paid. Quite dearly, IMO. May not have been monetary, but he's paid the price of friendship, camaraderie, the never ending assistance in any time of need, and his place in the club. That's quite a price to pay. I wouldn't give my friendships for ten times the corals that he took.