• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAP Ny

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I didn't go either. Couldn't justify cost of admission, gas and tolls to look around.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
15k baby !! hybrid yellow purple tang. at jersey corals booth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-153747_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-153747_Gallery.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 29

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The show had a lot of vendors not show up. I wanted to pick up some inverts and clean up crew. Nobody had any. I wanted to pick up so salt. Reef crystal was there but they had no salt for sale. The guy told me the pallet never made it to the show? Lol I also wanted to see the guys that make custom sumps. They didn’t come. I picked up a few frags but I could have stayed home.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
The show had a lot of vendors not show up. I wanted to pick up some inverts and clean up crew. Nobody had any. I wanted to pick up so salt. Reef crystal was there but they had no salt for sale. The guy told me the pallet never made it to the show? Lol I also wanted to see the guys that make custom sumps. They didn’t come. I picked up a few frags but I could have stayed home.
That’s strange. Any idea who didn’t show? Those booths aren’t cheap!

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Also saw some Facebook posts and it looked PACKED!! Curious to see who went, what they thought and most importantly what they got.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Anyone see any good deals on a kessil a360 tuna sun? Are there Hanna magnesium checkers anywhere?
I got one from saltwateraq. 10% off no tax show special.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
No I think a lot of vendors decided not to participate. I was there and the place was not packed.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Anyone see any good deals on a kessil a360 tuna sun? Are there Hanna magnesium checkers anywhere?
If you have a Kessil old light you can call them.
they have a loyalty program. You can get 20% off a new light if you get it from them directly. So the 360x new is $450 you can use the program and get a new one for $380 20% off that saves you $90 for a new light.
I seen people sell used $360x for $350 lol so this is a much better deal

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I’m heading there tomorrow, would love to hear some feedback from todays show!
there's a vendor from Arizona, he told me he doesn't want to take anything back coz he has to fly. so look for him. forgot the name. he has 2 white acrylic tanks and he's to the back on the left side. he will definitely give good deals.

I’m heading there tomorrow, would love to hear some feedback from todays show!
It was fun! Forget about people complaining about the tolls, gas, ticket cost - yada yada. There are a lot of negative people in the world.

If you live in the area and are into the hobby it's worth a trip.

The prices weren't too crazy and if you buy more than one frag people will bargain.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
there's a vendor from Arizona, he told me he doesn't want to take anything back coz he has to fly. so look for him. forgot the name. he has 2 white acrylic tanks and he's to the back on the left side. he will definitely give good deals.
BSA corals?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If so check out the booth next to him. Those guys were awesome.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
honestly, it all depends what you are looking for. there were tons of 10/20/30/40 frags, and there were 500/600/100/1500 high end corals. if you are new, go for those 50 and under frags, but they also had some plain green torches for like 60 and hammers 40+. so all in all, great prices and they definitely bargained if you bought more stuff.