• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red planet not looking the best

So Ive had this Red Planet colony for awhile and when I first bought it, it was doing well. Good polyp extension, good solid red color. Well over time it started to lighten up and not as good polyp extension. Any ideas? Here's a pic of when I first got it.
2yravu8a.jpg

Haha yeah I was just looking thru my phone, don't have any updated pics. I can take one tomorrow when the lights come back on. Its looks almost bleached a lil bit and at one point was receiting from the base but then stopped.

AEFW maybe?

Worst acronym in this hobby EVER! If you Google AEFW you will find a lot about it. It is devastating. I saw it happen in my neighbors tank. Unfortunately you can't see them, but you can see where they have been eating the coral. If you have a close up pic or can get one, post it up.

my red planet was like that when i bought it (deep solid color), and its been very light in my tank - but still growing great. its just under very high light with very low nitrate and phosphate - it looked half bleached (wasnt since it was still growing ok) before i started dosing acropower to give the corals some extra N. same thing going on with all my sps really. the LPS do better since i can handfeed them large meaty bits with tongs. the sps have to do with pipette feeding them powders.
it could just be really hungry.

Worst acronym in this hobby EVER! If you Google AEFW you will find a lot about it. It is devastating. I saw it happen in my neighbors tank. Unfortunately you can't see them, but you can see where they have been eating the coral. If you have a close up pic or can get one, post it up.
I'll snap a few pics when the lights come on in a couple hours.

my red planet was like that when i bought it (deep solid color), and its been very light in my tank - but still growing great. its just under very high light with very low nitrate and phosphate - it looked half bleached (wasnt since it was still growing ok) before i started dosing acropower to give the corals some extra N. same thing going on with all my sps really. the LPS do better since i can handfeed them large meaty bits with tongs. the sps have to do with pipette feeding them powders.
it could just be really hungry.

Well mines not growing either. My other acros are but not the RP. I have Acropower but I dont wanna dose it bc I hear it causes algae or phosphates and I'm battling algae at the moment so it wouldn't be a good idea.