• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red planet not looking the best

Mine actually just spent a few months on the pale side too. I had it pretty high up in the tank and my lights were cranked up pretty high. Once i decreased my whites it started coloring up again. It has always had good PE though regardless of the color. I have been dosing acropower and am starting to have algae issues. Im gonna stop using it today.

Mine actually just spent a few months on the pale side too. I had it pretty high up in the tank and my lights were cranked up pretty high. Once i decreased my whites it started coloring up again. It has always had good PE though regardless of the color. I have been dosing acropower and am starting to have algae issues. Im gonna stop using it today.
Alright well maybe I'll just leave it where it is and see what happens. It still has PE but its very small. It also looks like it may be encrusting back over the spots that receded.

john90009

NJRC Member
i normally used to see base recession when calcium or a magnesium level went out of wack- it happened back when i had my 75 which i then changed out all the water cause i bought a new tank and everything was put back in place with stable water and the coral regrew right over the algea- took some time though. Also what fish do you have? With leds i noticed any swing in parameters takes a stronger toll on corals especially po4 and nitrates but im assumiong since algea grew that your not deficient in p04.

I have a couple triggers, 1 tang, Anthias, chromis, clownfish, a few wrasses and a couple gobies.

My green clown goby does swim and perch between my SPS pieces a lot which I've read that's what they do but I don't think this is the case.

john90009

NJRC Member
i have a red scooter blenny that loves to sit on my corals especially my lps which havent fluffed up but after removing my flameback anglefish everything looks better- scooter still perches on them though. maybey get the coral alittle bit more flow- normally its a deadspot in the coral where detritus will sit and cause havoc

i have a red scooter blenny that loves to sit on my corals especially my lps which havent fluffed up but after removing my flameback anglefish everything looks better- scooter still perches on them though. maybey get the coral alittle bit more flow- normally its a deadspot in the coral where detritus will sit and cause havoc
Yeah that may be the case too. I'll see if I can either move it or redirect a powerhead without blowing up some sand

john90009

NJRC Member
try to see if you can alter the powerhead first- moving it would be second. if its been int hat spot forawhile its used to it. I have two frags of red planet one of them looks like a navy green millie while the other is clear green with a red tint and you can see through it- same spot in the tank - who would have though.

try to see if you can alter the powerhead first- moving it would be second. if its been int hat spot forawhile its used to it. I have two frags of red planet one of them looks like a navy green millie while the other is clear green with a red tint and you can see through it- same spot in the tank - who would have though.
That's odd. Okay I'll try and move a powerhead

Nothing frustrates me more than changing my flow around to perfectly accommodate all my corals just to realize i have a massive section of bare glass the next day. Its a terribly difficult balance.

Nothing frustrates me more than changing my flow around to perfectly accommodate all my corals just to realize i have a massive section of bare glass the next day. Its a terribly difficult balance.
Omg I know! I hate it
on my 75 the mp40 was a godsend and now on my biocube the mp10 works wonders
Yeah I'm trying to transfer over to the vortechs now. Have 2 wp40s and 1 mp10 and I love the mp10

I'm not really sure your power heads really have that much to do with it.
I have 2 wp40's not MP40's and I'm getting great growth and great color just my 2cents

I'm not really sure your power heads really have that much to do with it.
I have 2 wp40's not MP40's and I'm getting great growth and great color just my 2cents
Not saying its the actual powerhead brand but maybe its just not getting enough flow so I'll have to reposition it

No I know guys I could never pay that kind if money for a powerhead but I'm just cheap good luck with your problem I'm sure you will catch a break one of these days dan