• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sea ReefLED 90

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Does anyone else have this light? I have been having issues with the lights staying connected to the WiFi, therefore not turning on when they are supposed to. I found a work around online, but it means someone needs to be at the house and manually unplug and plug the connectors back in.

I have programmed my LED50 and then told my router to block the signal (it uses a very old wifi band that WILL slow down your home internet). Once I did the settings and blocked the internet, it stayed on it's last scheduled program. Sounds like something else is going on.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Having similar issues. Mine disconnect all the time. But still seem to run the schedule somehow. When I get sometime I plan to call/email Red Sea and see what’s up.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Paul, I have tried the hard reset, hold in the button while quickly disconnecting and reconnecting 3 times. Did not do the hokey pokey while doing it, so maybe that's the issue. :D

Haven't tried opening it up and removing the battery either. Maybe I'll give that a shot today.

Paul, I have tried the hard reset, hold in the button while quickly disconnecting and reconnecting 3 times. Did not do the hokey pokey while doing it, so maybe that's the issue. :D

Haven't tried opening it up and removing the battery either. Maybe I'll give that a shot today.
Did you try saying Beatle Juice, Beatle Juice, Beatle Juice?

They should store the schedule internally, AI lights like the hydra 26s which I run in my basement lose connection to my router all the time and stay on schedule. I ran a led 50 and never had thr issue with it not staying on schedule.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
For months they did stay on the schedule even though they were not connected. Then the one light started not coming on at all, unless you disconnected the line in the back and plugged it back in. Then it stopped coming on.

After opening it up last night and taking the battery out, we are back to unplugging and plugging it back in. It does shut off by itself. Not at the same time as the other light, a couple hours earlier.

I do know something has changed with our internet/wifi/mesh system, because my daughter can no longer get wifi in her room.

Bot587

NJRC Member
To explain when your router is throwing out both the 2.4 and 5 ghz on the same network it disrupts the connection. Using your router you can separate it to 2.4 ghz network on one network WEP and 5.0 ghz on a second. Doing this the 5 ghz will no longer disrupt the connection

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I have been going back and forth with Red Sea since yesterday. It sounds like they think the power supply went bad on the one light. They just asked for a copy of the invoice and my address. Hoping that means they are sending a replacement. ;)

Bot, I will have to look into doing this. May be sending you questions. ;)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Thanks Bot. Doug is going in for a heart procedure tomorrow or I would be down there borrowing one. Depending on how Doug does and what I hear from Red Sea, I may be in contact with you for friday or the weekend.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Just got off the phone with the doctor. His procedure is over and went well. After having 3 cardioversions, the doctors felt he needed an oblation to get his heart to stay in rhythm. So, instead of strapping a piece of metal on his chest and back and shooting electricity through the plates and his heart., they threaded a laser through his artery and burned a portion of his heart. Sounds intuitive to me. ;)